The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
State TV purchase exclusive Egyptian Premier League rights
Egyptian State TV have exclusively bought the Egyptian Premier League rights to broadcast the upcoming 2013/2014 season.
The State TV channels will broadcast the league exclusively in a deal believed to be worth around 70 million LE ($10m), which ends all speculation surrounding a possible purchase from Al Jazeera Sports.
According to Al Masry Al Youm, the Ministry of Media asked if this deal over the Egyptian Premier League rights could go through, and played a pivotal role in the final agreement.
The Ministry asked for the deal to go through because, according to them, the expenses have become too much.
It is also worth noting that the State TV have promised to broadcast the games in HD and provide exceptional coverage for the 2013/2014 season.
This year’s league will consist of 22 teams divided into two groups of 11, Al Ahly have been separated from Zamalek in addition to the returning Al Masry to avoid any tension between the two teams and their fans following the Port Said massacre.
The kick-off date for the new season is set for the 26th of December after the original date was postponed twice.