Smouha left back Patrick Malo has discussed his adaptation to life with the...
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
State TV purchase exclusive Egyptian Premier League rights
Egyptian State TV have exclusively bought the Egyptian Premier League rights to broadcast the upcoming 2013/2014 season.
The State TV channels will broadcast the league exclusively in a deal believed to be worth around 70 million LE ($10m), which ends all speculation surrounding a possible purchase from Al Jazeera Sports.
According to Al Masry Al Youm, the Ministry of Media asked if this deal over the Egyptian Premier League rights could go through, and played a pivotal role in the final agreement.
The Ministry asked for the deal to go through because, according to them, the expenses have become too much.
It is also worth noting that the State TV have promised to broadcast the games in HD and provide exceptional coverage for the 2013/2014 season.
This year’s league will consist of 22 teams divided into two groups of 11, Al Ahly have been separated from Zamalek in addition to the returning Al Masry to avoid any tension between the two teams and their fans following the Port Said massacre.
The kick-off date for the new season is set for the 26th of December after the original date was postponed twice.