Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
State TV purchase exclusive Egyptian Premier League rights
Egyptian State TV have exclusively bought the Egyptian Premier League rights to broadcast the upcoming 2013/2014 season.
The State TV channels will broadcast the league exclusively in a deal believed to be worth around 70 million LE ($10m), which ends all speculation surrounding a possible purchase from Al Jazeera Sports.
According to Al Masry Al Youm, the Ministry of Media asked if this deal over the Egyptian Premier League rights could go through, and played a pivotal role in the final agreement.
The Ministry asked for the deal to go through because, according to them, the expenses have become too much.
It is also worth noting that the State TV have promised to broadcast the games in HD and provide exceptional coverage for the 2013/2014 season.
This year’s league will consist of 22 teams divided into two groups of 11, Al Ahly have been separated from Zamalek in addition to the returning Al Masry to avoid any tension between the two teams and their fans following the Port Said massacre.
The kick-off date for the new season is set for the 26th of December after the original date was postponed twice.