Zamalek will face Minuh Yaoundé on Thursday, in the quarter-finals of the...
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
State TV purchase exclusive Egyptian Premier League rights
Egyptian State TV have exclusively bought the Egyptian Premier League rights to broadcast the upcoming 2013/2014 season.
The State TV channels will broadcast the league exclusively in a deal believed to be worth around 70 million LE ($10m), which ends all speculation surrounding a possible purchase from Al Jazeera Sports.
According to Al Masry Al Youm, the Ministry of Media asked if this deal over the Egyptian Premier League rights could go through, and played a pivotal role in the final agreement.
The Ministry asked for the deal to go through because, according to them, the expenses have become too much.
It is also worth noting that the State TV have promised to broadcast the games in HD and provide exceptional coverage for the 2013/2014 season.
This year’s league will consist of 22 teams divided into two groups of 11, Al Ahly have been separated from Zamalek in addition to the returning Al Masry to avoid any tension between the two teams and their fans following the Port Said massacre.
The kick-off date for the new season is set for the 26th of December after the original date was postponed twice.