Former Al Ain FC Croatian coach Zlatko Dalic revealed that he was honored...
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
VIDEO: Salah to join Liverpool in January, says former teammate Zika
In an interview on Egyptian TV programme ‘Kora Kol Yoam’ hosted by Karim Shehata, Mohamed Salah’s former Arab Contractors teammate Mohamed Zika reveals the Basel star is likely to join Brendan Rodgers’ side in January.
Karim Shehata explained that Mohamed Salah called Zika a few days ago to invite him to his wedding – which was yesterday – and he later told the Ismaily midfielder that he’s ‘99%’ certain to join Liverpool this January.
Host Shehata added that Salah was hoping Basel would progress in the Champions League before deciding on his future, but after they were eliminated following a 2-0 loss to Schalke, the Egyptian is anxious for a move in January.
When Zika was asked to confirm this dialogue with the 21-year-old Basel star, he said: “Basically, yes. Inshallah (if God wills).”
“He makes us and all of Egypt proud. Everyone talks about Mohamed Salah now. And aside from that he’s my friend, so I’m even happier for him,” he added.
This comes after Salah’s recent eye catching performances in Europe as he just narrowly missed out on reaching the Champions League knockout stages with Basel.
According to the Daily Mail, Liverpool coach Brendan Rodgers flew to Germany last Wednesday to watch Salah in action against Schalke in the Champions League, and are now prepared to make a £12 million offer for the Egyptian winger.
Salah, who already has 17 international goals to his name, has scored 10 goals so far this season – including two Champions League strikes against Mourinho’s Chelsea.