Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Al Ahly reject Hull City offer for Rami Rabia
It was reported that Hull City have officially submitted a proposed loan offer for 20-year-old Al Ahly defender Rami Rabia pending a trial period but the club have rejected that proposal.
Speaking to Egyptian media, the Red Devil’s director of football Sayed Abdel-Hafiz has rebuffed any talk of a proposed offer from English Premier League club Hull City to take Rabia on a ‘trial period’.
“In a meeting with the board members, we have decided to refuse Hull City’s offer to take Rami Rabia on loan before signing him,” said Al Ahly director Abdel-Hafiz.
“We totally refuse the idea of a player going out on loan from Al Ahly to a club that does not know if they will sign him or not. The offer is rejected,” Abdel-Hafiz concluded.
It is worth noting that BBC Radio Humberside presenter and Hull City commentator David Burns confirmed to KingFut: “Steve Bruce confirms loan interest in Al-Ahly’s Rami Rabia.”
Rami Rabia is an Al Ahly youth product who previously captained the U-20 Egyptian national team to an African Cup of Nations triumph before featuring at the 2013 U-20 World Cup.
The centre-back – who also plays as a defensive midfielder – has been linked to several clubs already, including English giants Manchester United, Chelsea and French club LOSC Lille.