Senegalese referee Malang Diédhiou has been appointed for the Group D second...
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
Al Ahly reject Hull City offer for Rami Rabia
It was reported that Hull City have officially submitted a proposed loan offer for 20-year-old Al Ahly defender Rami Rabia pending a trial period but the club have rejected that proposal.
Speaking to Egyptian media, the Red Devil’s director of football Sayed Abdel-Hafiz has rebuffed any talk of a proposed offer from English Premier League club Hull City to take Rabia on a ‘trial period’.
“In a meeting with the board members, we have decided to refuse Hull City’s offer to take Rami Rabia on loan before signing him,” said Al Ahly director Abdel-Hafiz.
“We totally refuse the idea of a player going out on loan from Al Ahly to a club that does not know if they will sign him or not. The offer is rejected,” Abdel-Hafiz concluded.
It is worth noting that BBC Radio Humberside presenter and Hull City commentator David Burns confirmed to KingFut: “Steve Bruce confirms loan interest in Al-Ahly’s Rami Rabia.”
Rami Rabia is an Al Ahly youth product who previously captained the U-20 Egyptian national team to an African Cup of Nations triumph before featuring at the 2013 U-20 World Cup.
The centre-back – who also plays as a defensive midfielder – has been linked to several clubs already, including English giants Manchester United, Chelsea and French club LOSC Lille.