Former Al Ahly and national football team midfielder Mohamed Shawky has officially joined...
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
Al Ahly reject Hull City offer for Rami Rabia
It was reported that Hull City have officially submitted a proposed loan offer for 20-year-old Al Ahly defender Rami Rabia pending a trial period but the club have rejected that proposal.
Speaking to Egyptian media, the Red Devil’s director of football Sayed Abdel-Hafiz has rebuffed any talk of a proposed offer from English Premier League club Hull City to take Rabia on a ‘trial period’.
“In a meeting with the board members, we have decided to refuse Hull City’s offer to take Rami Rabia on loan before signing him,” said Al Ahly director Abdel-Hafiz.
“We totally refuse the idea of a player going out on loan from Al Ahly to a club that does not know if they will sign him or not. The offer is rejected,” Abdel-Hafiz concluded.
It is worth noting that BBC Radio Humberside presenter and Hull City commentator David Burns confirmed to KingFut: “Steve Bruce confirms loan interest in Al-Ahly’s Rami Rabia.”
Rami Rabia is an Al Ahly youth product who previously captained the U-20 Egyptian national team to an African Cup of Nations triumph before featuring at the 2013 U-20 World Cup.
The centre-back – who also plays as a defensive midfielder – has been linked to several clubs already, including English giants Manchester United, Chelsea and French club LOSC Lille.