ENPPI and Egypt midfielder Salah Soliman has been ruled out of Monday’s local national...
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
Al Ahly reject Hull City offer for Rami Rabia
It was reported that Hull City have officially submitted a proposed loan offer for 20-year-old Al Ahly defender Rami Rabia pending a trial period but the club have rejected that proposal.
Speaking to Egyptian media, the Red Devil’s director of football Sayed Abdel-Hafiz has rebuffed any talk of a proposed offer from English Premier League club Hull City to take Rabia on a ‘trial period’.
“In a meeting with the board members, we have decided to refuse Hull City’s offer to take Rami Rabia on loan before signing him,” said Al Ahly director Abdel-Hafiz.
“We totally refuse the idea of a player going out on loan from Al Ahly to a club that does not know if they will sign him or not. The offer is rejected,” Abdel-Hafiz concluded.
It is worth noting that BBC Radio Humberside presenter and Hull City commentator David Burns confirmed to KingFut: “Steve Bruce confirms loan interest in Al-Ahly’s Rami Rabia.”
Rami Rabia is an Al Ahly youth product who previously captained the U-20 Egyptian national team to an African Cup of Nations triumph before featuring at the 2013 U-20 World Cup.
The centre-back – who also plays as a defensive midfielder – has been linked to several clubs already, including English giants Manchester United, Chelsea and French club LOSC Lille.