ENPPI and Egypt midfielder Salah Soliman has been ruled out of Monday’s local national...
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
Gedo’s chances have been ‘blocked’ at Hull – Bruce
29-year-old Mohamed ‘Gedo’ Nagy may no longer be in the Tigers plans, who he joined last summer on a one-year loan deal from Al Ahly, as he continues to struggle to break into the first team.
Gedo’s chances have been limited, which Hull City boss Steve Bruce acknowledged: “It’s been a frustrating time for Gedo because with Robert Koren, Danny Graham and Yannick Sagbo doing well, he’s had his way blocked.”
Bruce added: “It’s also the first time I’ve seen Matty Fryatt for what he is. He’s got himself back fit and he got the nod at the weekend. We have to be fair with him. If he’s not going to play we’ll do the right thing.”
The Cairo giants are expecting a response by 10 January, but following Steve Bruce’s latest comments it seems likely he’s willing to allow the Egyptian striker to return home.
Gedo hit five goals in his first five starts while on loan at the KC Stadium last season to help the Tigers achieve promotion to the Premier League.
By Hady Elmedany – KingFut.com writer and senior editor at Korabia.com