Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
- SQUASH: 10 Egyptians advance to second round of Windy City Open
Gedo’s chances have been ‘blocked’ at Hull – Bruce
29-year-old Mohamed ‘Gedo’ Nagy may no longer be in the Tigers plans, who he joined last summer on a one-year loan deal from Al Ahly, as he continues to struggle to break into the first team.
Gedo’s chances have been limited, which Hull City boss Steve Bruce acknowledged: “It’s been a frustrating time for Gedo because with Robert Koren, Danny Graham and Yannick Sagbo doing well, he’s had his way blocked.”
Bruce added: “It’s also the first time I’ve seen Matty Fryatt for what he is. He’s got himself back fit and he got the nod at the weekend. We have to be fair with him. If he’s not going to play we’ll do the right thing.”
The Cairo giants are expecting a response by 10 January, but following Steve Bruce’s latest comments it seems likely he’s willing to allow the Egyptian striker to return home.
Gedo hit five goals in his first five starts while on loan at the KC Stadium last season to help the Tigers achieve promotion to the Premier League.
By Hady Elmedany – KingFut.com writer and senior editor at Korabia.com