Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Gedo’s chances have been ‘blocked’ at Hull – Bruce
29-year-old Mohamed ‘Gedo’ Nagy may no longer be in the Tigers plans, who he joined last summer on a one-year loan deal from Al Ahly, as he continues to struggle to break into the first team.
Gedo’s chances have been limited, which Hull City boss Steve Bruce acknowledged: “It’s been a frustrating time for Gedo because with Robert Koren, Danny Graham and Yannick Sagbo doing well, he’s had his way blocked.”
Bruce added: “It’s also the first time I’ve seen Matty Fryatt for what he is. He’s got himself back fit and he got the nod at the weekend. We have to be fair with him. If he’s not going to play we’ll do the right thing.”
The Cairo giants are expecting a response by 10 January, but following Steve Bruce’s latest comments it seems likely he’s willing to allow the Egyptian striker to return home.
Gedo hit five goals in his first five starts while on loan at the KC Stadium last season to help the Tigers achieve promotion to the Premier League.
By Hady Elmedany – KingFut.com writer and senior editor at Korabia.com