Former Tottenham Hotspur striker Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ has given an outrageous vow...
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
- Mohamed Elneny features in Arsenal’s goalless draw with Middlesbrough
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
- Pitso: We can go to the match without training
- Billiat lauds Pitso Mosimane’s methods ahead of Zamalek tie
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
- Emmanuel Amuneke open to managing Zamalek
- EXCLUSIVE | CAF reveal stance from Sundowns training venue problems
VIDEO: Al Ahly open new season with a 2-0 win over Military Production
Al Ahly open the 2013/2014 Egyptian Premier League season with a 2-0 win over Military Production (El-Entag El-Harby) on Thursday.
Following a disappointing performance at the FIFA Club World Cup, a depleted Al Ahly squad bounced back to kick-off their 2013/2014 Egyptian Premier League season with a 2-0 win over Military Production.
Al Ahly XI:
Sherif Ekramy – Shedid Kenawy – Wael Gomaa – Mohamed Naguib – Ahmed Nabil Manga – Shehab El-Din Ahmed – Mahmoud ‘Trezeguet’ – Ahmed Shokry – Abdullah El-Said – Emad Meteb – El-Sayed Hamdy.
Injuries dominated the first half when El Entag’s Ahmed Saad caught a flying knee to the face from Ahmed Shokry. Not long after, Emad Meteb left the field with a strained hamstring, adding to Al Ahly’s long list of injured players which includes Sayed Moawad, Hossam Ashour, Ahmed Fathi, Rami Rabia, Walid Soliman and Sherif Abdel-Fadil.
The Military Production had more than one dangerous free-kick near Sherif Ekramy’s goal in the first half, but none of them really threatened.
Al Ahly’s most dangerous chance was in the 23rd minute when Abdullah El-Said failed to convert Ahmed Nabil Manga’s cross. The ball hit the post and was cleared by the defense.
Al Ahly were awarded a penalty in the 68th minute when Amr Fahim tackled – and was also booked – for a challenge on Manga inside the box. Abdullah El-Said successfully converted the spot-kick with his shot straight into the upper left corner to claim Al Ahly’s first goal.
Manga was directly involved in the second goal as well as he skilfully crossed the ball towards Ahly youngster Amr Gamal, who jumped over the keeper and headed home to double the score.
After Matchday One, Al Ahly are currently in first place of Group A while Misr El-Maqassa are second on goal difference.