Pitso is careful against overloading his players with too much information and...
- Pitso: We can go to the match without training
- Billiat lauds Pitso Mosimane’s methods ahead of Zamalek tie
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
- Emmanuel Amuneke open to managing Zamalek
- EXCLUSIVE | CAF reveal stance from Sundowns training venue problems
- Sundowns’ Dolly: We’re ‘chilling’ since arriving to Egypt
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
Official: Abdel-Zaher swapped to Libya for Ahmed Raouf
Striker Ahmed Abdel-Zaher signed for Al-Ittihad (Tripoli) on a six-month loan while Ahmed Raouf heads in the opposite direction signing for three and a half years.
28-year-old Abdel-Zaher commented on the transfer saying: “I will spend the period of my loan with the Libyan team as the continuation of the Egyptian Premier League is not granted. I will become tactically and physically fit then I will return to Al Ahly.”
“Al Ittihad competes on the Libyan league, something which encouraged me to accept their offer. I will do my best during this time,” he added.
Al Ahly received $150,000 for the transfer while Ahmed Abdel-Zaher, who has also been banned from representing the Egyptian national team for a year, gets $200,000.
Ahmed Raouf signing long overdue
As for Ahmed Raouf, it was a free transfer as the former ENPPI striker gave up on his late dues to join Al Ahly.
Raouf said that his transfer to Al Ahly is 10 years late: “Al Ahly have negotiated with me when I was a player for Qannah. I was so close [to joining] but the attempts were unsuccessful.”
The 31-year-old expressed his delight about joining his new club, saying: “It is a dream come true. I realize how much pressure is on me now but I am willing to make Al Ahly fans happy.”
Raouf’s signing is expected to enhance Al Ahly’s offense which has received a big blow by the injury to Emad Meteb in Al Ahly’s league opener and the ruling out of Abdel Zaher; not to mention Abou-Treika’s retirement.