Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
Official: Abdel-Zaher swapped to Libya for Ahmed Raouf
Striker Ahmed Abdel-Zaher signed for Al-Ittihad (Tripoli) on a six-month loan while Ahmed Raouf heads in the opposite direction signing for three and a half years.
28-year-old Abdel-Zaher commented on the transfer saying: “I will spend the period of my loan with the Libyan team as the continuation of the Egyptian Premier League is not granted. I will become tactically and physically fit then I will return to Al Ahly.”
“Al Ittihad competes on the Libyan league, something which encouraged me to accept their offer. I will do my best during this time,” he added.
Al Ahly received $150,000 for the transfer while Ahmed Abdel-Zaher, who has also been banned from representing the Egyptian national team for a year, gets $200,000.
Ahmed Raouf signing long overdue
As for Ahmed Raouf, it was a free transfer as the former ENPPI striker gave up on his late dues to join Al Ahly.
Raouf said that his transfer to Al Ahly is 10 years late: “Al Ahly have negotiated with me when I was a player for Qannah. I was so close [to joining] but the attempts were unsuccessful.”
The 31-year-old expressed his delight about joining his new club, saying: “It is a dream come true. I realize how much pressure is on me now but I am willing to make Al Ahly fans happy.”
Raouf’s signing is expected to enhance Al Ahly’s offense which has received a big blow by the injury to Emad Meteb in Al Ahly’s league opener and the ruling out of Abdel Zaher; not to mention Abou-Treika’s retirement.