Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Metab would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
VIDEO: Koka scores in League Cup win
A cold afternoon and a deserted stadium formed the scenery for the match between Rio Ave and Paços de Ferreira, part of the 3rd round of the Portuguese League Cup, its second group stage.
The match was lively and early on both teams created chances, first by Paços’ Carlão and then a combination play by Joeano and Koka was intercepted near the goal line by Ricardo.
The match was entertaining and attacks were end to end and a goal was just a matter of time. At the 36th minute, Braga crosses the ball into the path of Koka, who takes a sliding shot which goes into the back of Matías Degra’s net, to give Rio Ave the lead.
The second half had less action, with substitute Bebé having a shot intercepted by Rio Ave’s Ederson.
Tempers boiled over near the end of the match, with substitute Rui Miguel collecting two yellows in less than 20 minutes and being sent off at the 85th minute.
Shortly afterwards, Ricardo fouled Sandro Lima in the box and also received his marching order, leaving Paços with 9 men and a penalty to defend. Ukra stepped up to the plate and beat Degra, to make the 2-0 just before injury time.
Rio Ave start their League Cup campaign with the right foot and will hope to beat Vitória Setúbal in their next match to guarantee a spot in the semi-finals.
As for Ali Ghazal’s Nacional, they will play tomorrow night, against Benfica.