Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
Amr Zaki on verge of joining Club World Cup runners up Raja Casablanca
Egypt international Amr Zaki, 30, is set to arrive in Morocco this Wednesday to meet officials from Raja Casablanca to sign a year-long deal with the club, according to Moroccan football website RadioMars.
According to Morocco newspaper Al-Montakhab, the Bulldozer’s deal with the Moroccan champions Raja Casablanca is worth $300,000 for the year.
Zaki himself confirmed the pending transfer, telling YallaKora he hopes the move will be a “good transitional step in his career”.
It is worth noting Raja Casablanca are only the second African club (and first Arab club) to reach the final of the FIFA Club World Cup – where they lost 2-0 to Bayern Munich less than a fortnight ago.
Zaki also had an unsuccessful spell in Turkey with Elazığspor last winter, failing to score in 8 matches before terminating his contract.
The Bulldozer was undoubtedly one of Egypt’s top strikers in history, especially when the El-Mansoura graduate was at the peak of his career on loan to Wigan Athletic in 2008, where he was the English Premier League top goalscorer for the first half of the season with 10 goals.