The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
Amr Zaki on verge of joining Club World Cup runners up Raja Casablanca
Egypt international Amr Zaki, 30, is set to arrive in Morocco this Wednesday to meet officials from Raja Casablanca to sign a year-long deal with the club, according to Moroccan football website RadioMars.
According to Morocco newspaper Al-Montakhab, the Bulldozer’s deal with the Moroccan champions Raja Casablanca is worth $300,000 for the year.
Zaki himself confirmed the pending transfer, telling YallaKora he hopes the move will be a “good transitional step in his career”.
It is worth noting Raja Casablanca are only the second African club (and first Arab club) to reach the final of the FIFA Club World Cup – where they lost 2-0 to Bayern Munich less than a fortnight ago.
Zaki also had an unsuccessful spell in Turkey with Elazığspor last winter, failing to score in 8 matches before terminating his contract.
The Bulldozer was undoubtedly one of Egypt’s top strikers in history, especially when the El-Mansoura graduate was at the peak of his career on loan to Wigan Athletic in 2008, where he was the English Premier League top goalscorer for the first half of the season with 10 goals.