South Africa’s Minister of Sport and Recreation Fikiler Mbalula has expressed his discontent...
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
Amr Zaki on verge of joining Club World Cup runners up Raja Casablanca
Egypt international Amr Zaki, 30, is set to arrive in Morocco this Wednesday to meet officials from Raja Casablanca to sign a year-long deal with the club, according to Moroccan football website RadioMars.
According to Morocco newspaper Al-Montakhab, the Bulldozer’s deal with the Moroccan champions Raja Casablanca is worth $300,000 for the year.
Zaki himself confirmed the pending transfer, telling YallaKora he hopes the move will be a “good transitional step in his career”.
It is worth noting Raja Casablanca are only the second African club (and first Arab club) to reach the final of the FIFA Club World Cup – where they lost 2-0 to Bayern Munich less than a fortnight ago.
Zaki also had an unsuccessful spell in Turkey with Elazığspor last winter, failing to score in 8 matches before terminating his contract.
The Bulldozer was undoubtedly one of Egypt’s top strikers in history, especially when the El-Mansoura graduate was at the peak of his career on loan to Wigan Athletic in 2008, where he was the English Premier League top goalscorer for the first half of the season with 10 goals.