Egypt international Mohamed Abdel-Shafy played the full 90 minutes as Al Ahli...
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
Amr Zaki on verge of joining Club World Cup runners up Raja Casablanca
Egypt international Amr Zaki, 30, is set to arrive in Morocco this Wednesday to meet officials from Raja Casablanca to sign a year-long deal with the club, according to Moroccan football website RadioMars.
According to Morocco newspaper Al-Montakhab, the Bulldozer’s deal with the Moroccan champions Raja Casablanca is worth $300,000 for the year.
Zaki himself confirmed the pending transfer, telling YallaKora he hopes the move will be a “good transitional step in his career”.
It is worth noting Raja Casablanca are only the second African club (and first Arab club) to reach the final of the FIFA Club World Cup – where they lost 2-0 to Bayern Munich less than a fortnight ago.
Zaki also had an unsuccessful spell in Turkey with Elazığspor last winter, failing to score in 8 matches before terminating his contract.
The Bulldozer was undoubtedly one of Egypt’s top strikers in history, especially when the El-Mansoura graduate was at the peak of his career on loan to Wigan Athletic in 2008, where he was the English Premier League top goalscorer for the first half of the season with 10 goals.