An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Treika, Fathi finalists for Africa-based Player of the Year
Mohamed Abou-Treika, who announced his retirement from football in December, will defend his Africa-based Player of the Year award against former Al Ahly and Egypt team-mate Ahmed Fathi.
35-year-old Treika and 29-year-old Fathi will also compete against Nigeria and CA Bastia-bound midfielder Sunday Mba for the prestigious CAF award.
Abou-Treika, however, missed out on CAF’s final three shortlists for the 2013 African Footballer of the Year after he was recently named among the final 10 nominees.
The players nominated for the 2013 CAF Player of the Year award include Ivorian duo Yaya Toure and Didier Drogba, and Nigeria midfielder John Obi Mikel.
The winner will be announced at the GLO-CAF Awards Gala in Lagos on the 9th of January 2014.