Ghana FA vice president George Afriyie is pleased that Andre Ayew...
- INTERVIEW | Ahmad Fahmy – Fantasy Premier League’s current number one overall
- Ghana FA vice president announces readiness of Ayew and Asamoah for Egypt clash
- Mouscron coach: Trezeguet most talented player in our team
- Fabio Petruzzi: Salah added value to Roma
- Ghana’s David Accam confident of beating Egypt
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
Treika, Fathi finalists for Africa-based Player of the Year
Mohamed Abou-Treika, who announced his retirement from football in December, will defend his Africa-based Player of the Year award against former Al Ahly and Egypt team-mate Ahmed Fathi.
35-year-old Treika and 29-year-old Fathi will also compete against Nigeria and CA Bastia-bound midfielder Sunday Mba for the prestigious CAF award.
Abou-Treika, however, missed out on CAF’s final three shortlists for the 2013 African Footballer of the Year after he was recently named among the final 10 nominees.
The players nominated for the 2013 CAF Player of the Year award include Ivorian duo Yaya Toure and Didier Drogba, and Nigeria midfielder John Obi Mikel.
The winner will be announced at the GLO-CAF Awards Gala in Lagos on the 9th of January 2014.