Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Official: Amr Zaki signs for Club World Cup runners up Raja Casablanca
As reported earlier this week, Amr Zaki, 30, flew to Morocco on Wednesday and officially signed for Raja Casablanca today on a one-and-a-half-year deal, the club’s official website announced.
The Bulldozer’s deal with the Moroccan champions – which expires in June 2015 – is worth $300,000, according to Morocco newspaper Al-Montakhab.
Zaki also confirmed the transfer: “Delighted to sign for the great #RCA until June 2015,” the former Zamalek and Wigan hitman tweeted.
It is worth noting Raja Casablanca are only the second African club to reach the final of the FIFA Club World Cup – where they lost 2-0 to Bayern Munich a fortnight ago.
Zaki had an unsuccessful spell in Turkey with Elazığspor prior to joining Al-Salmiya, where he failed to score in eight matches before terminating his contract last winter.
The Mansoura graduate was at the peak of his career when he was on loan to Wigan Athletic in 2008, where he was the English Premier League top goalscorer for the first half of the season with 10 goals.