Egypt international Amr Warda featured in Panetolikos’ 1-0 loss to Atromitos in the group stage...
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
Official: Amr Zaki signs for Club World Cup runners up Raja Casablanca
As reported earlier this week, Amr Zaki, 30, flew to Morocco on Wednesday and officially signed for Raja Casablanca today on a one-and-a-half-year deal, the club’s official website announced.
The Bulldozer’s deal with the Moroccan champions – which expires in June 2015 – is worth $300,000, according to Morocco newspaper Al-Montakhab.
It is worth noting Raja Casablanca are only the second African club to reach the final of the FIFA Club World Cup – where they lost 2-0 to Bayern Munich a fortnight ago.
Zaki had an unsuccessful spell in Turkey with Elazığspor prior to joining Al-Salmiya, where he failed to score in eight matches before terminating his contract last winter.
The Mansoura graduate was at the peak of his career when he was on loan to Wigan Athletic in 2008, where he was the English Premier League top goalscorer for the first half of the season with 10 goals.