ENPPI and Egypt midfielder Salah Soliman has been ruled out of Monday’s local national...
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
Official: Former Egypt coach Bob Bradley joins Norwegian club Stabæk
Bradley, 55, was officially presented as the manager of newly-promoted Stabæk at Nadderud Stadion on Friday morning to become the first American head coach of a European top-flight club.
‘American Pharaoh’ Bob Bradley joins Tippeligaen club Stabæk just weeks after his contract expired with the Egyptian national team following the Pharaohs’ elimination from 2014 World Cup qualifying.
In Bob Bradley’s final interview in Egypt with KingFut.com, the former USA and Pharaohs boss said: “For the most part I didn’t feel there were people inside the [Egyptian] FA that were there to truly help us.”
“The reception that my wife and I received from the Egyptian people has been incredible. We’ve made great friends, from all walks of life. People that will also stay with us for the rest of our lives.
“The positive feeling we have from the players and from the Egyptian people, completely outweighs the negative stuff you had to deal with,” Bradley concluded.
Bradley was replaced at the Egypt helm by former assistant coach Shawky Gharib, who helped the Pharaohs win the Africa Cup of Nations three times in a row between 2006 and 2010.
Stabæk were once crowned champions of Norway in 2008, and winners of the Norwegian Cup in 1998, but they were relegated after the 2012 season when they finished in 16th place.
Bob Bradley’s Stabæk will open the new Tippeligaen season on March 30 as they host Sogndal.