Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Official: Former Egypt coach Bob Bradley joins Norwegian club Stabæk
Bradley, 55, was officially presented as the manager of newly-promoted Stabæk at Nadderud Stadion on Friday morning to become the first American head coach of a European top-flight club.
‘American Pharaoh’ Bob Bradley joins Tippeligaen club Stabæk just weeks after his contract expired with the Egyptian national team following the Pharaohs’ elimination from 2014 World Cup qualifying.
In Bob Bradley’s final interview in Egypt with KingFut.com, the former USA and Pharaohs boss said: “For the most part I didn’t feel there were people inside the [Egyptian] FA that were there to truly help us.”
“The reception that my wife and I received from the Egyptian people has been incredible. We’ve made great friends, from all walks of life. People that will also stay with us for the rest of our lives.
“The positive feeling we have from the players and from the Egyptian people, completely outweighs the negative stuff you had to deal with,” Bradley concluded.
Bradley was replaced at the Egypt helm by former assistant coach Shawky Gharib, who helped the Pharaohs win the Africa Cup of Nations three times in a row between 2006 and 2010.
Stabæk were once crowned champions of Norway in 2008, and winners of the Norwegian Cup in 1998, but they were relegated after the 2012 season when they finished in 16th place.
Bob Bradley’s Stabæk will open the new Tippeligaen season on March 30 as they host Sogndal.