ENPPI and Egypt midfielder Salah Soliman has been ruled out of Monday’s local national...
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
Trezeguet: It would be an honour to join Celtic
“Just to be linked with Celtic is an honor for me,” Trezeguet was quoted by the Daily Record.
“Many players would welcome the chance to play for such a big club.
“I am confident I could be a success there. To play in the Champions League is a dream – but a dream I’d like to make a reality. However, there is nothing I can do if Al Ahly choose not to sell me.
“January can be a long month but it would be nice if it was the start of a new chapter in my career,” Trezeguet concluded.
The player has previously stated a few days ago that Celtic were readying a formal bid for him, while revealing that he would gladly join the club from Glasgow.
On another note, the player’s club Al Ahly slapped a price tag of £1 million on the young Pharoah, if any club were to actually bid for him.
The player is known for his impressive appearance at last summer’s U-20 World Cup, where he scored a solo effort against England.
As well as having 11 caps at Under-21 and two goals, the player was part of the squad that won the African Youth Championship early last year.
At club level, he won the CAF Champions league, an African Super Cup and was also a part of Al Ahly’s squad traveling to Morocco for the Club World Cup last month but unfortunately, the team came in at a bottom 6th place.