Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
Sunday Roundup: Final Egyptian Premier League fixtures of Matchday 3
Matchday 3 Concludes
Matchday 3 of the Egyptian Premier League concludes with two stalemates to end a fascinating week of Egyptian football.
Following yesterday’s exciting Matchday 3 fixtures, these final two matches ended in similar fashion to Thursday – leaving Egyptian Premier League viewers a bit disappointed about the goal tally. Goalless draws are beginning to become more and more common, as teams are not willing to drop points. Arab Contractors played out a goalless draw against Ittihad of Alexandria who have sacked coach Talaat Youssef, while Maqassa and Entag drew with the same result.
Arab Contractors 0-0 Ittihad of Alexandria
Contractors forwards beat Ittihad’s defenders but could not beat the ever present Ali Farag. Ittihad salvaged a point against Arab Contractors, who were clearly much more organised.
Ali Farag made a crucial save to deny Ali Fathy in the second half, his performance in a nutshell. The former U-20 left-back unleashed a stinging drive only for Farag to match it. Ittihad rode their luck again when Mahmoud Ezzat hit the bar from point-blank range, much to the dismay of Mohamed Radwan. The game also saw two sending-offs, one for each side. Za’eem El Thaghr had Hossam Abdel-Gawad sent-off after just 36 minutes, while Contractors had Mohamed Adel sent-off as well.
Entag El-Harby 0-0 Misr El-Maqassa
In a game which saw Maqassa gaffer Tarek Yehia sent-off, both teams played out a draw. Former international Ahmed El-Sayed man-marked Kwabena Yaro out of the game, which nullified Ismail Youssef’s men. Maqassa are now on five points, one point behind leaders Al Ahly, while Entag have their first point of the season.