Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
Zenit to make offer for Salah as Liverpool talks ongoing
Zenit St. Petersburg, who are currently standing first in the Russian Premier League, are expected to make a hefty bid to rival Liverpool and Atlético Madrid for Egyptian star Mohamed Salah, as the Russian giants aim to reinforce their frontline this winter.
According to reports in Russia, Zenit are ready to pay FC Basel £12million for 21-year-old Salah – almost double the amount Liverpool are prepared to pay.
Salah has been turning heads in Europe since arriving at Basel last season, and has recently been linked to the likes of Liverpool, Tottenham, Manchester United and Chelsea from the Barclays Premier League. German heavyweights Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund are believed to be eyeing him, while Galatasaray have also shown interest.
Atlético Madrid have also recently joined the race for Salah’s signature, as his agent Sacha Empacher confirmed that the Egyptian winger has been attracting interest from clubs in England, Spain and Germany.
Salah has been heavily linked with a move to Merseyside this winter, with former teammate Zika saying there is a 99% chance that he will join Liverpool this transfer window, while former Egypt coach Bob Bradley expects the player to make his move to the Premier League within the ‘coming days’.
Sacha Empacher told Fabrizio Romano on Monday: “Talks with Liverpool are ongoing. They want him. But they need an agreement with Basel.”
Basel are expected to sell Salah to the highest bidder, as they did with his former teammate Dragovic. Although, the Egyptian voiced his ambitions to play in the Barclays Premier League – with the main interest coming from Liverpool.
Brendan Rodgers attended Basel’s clash with FC Schalke in the UEFA Champions League to watch Salah, but Liverpool do not seem prepared to meet Basel’s £18million asking price.
Salah has scored 10 goals in all competitions for FC Basel this season – equalling his tally for the entirety of his previous season with the Swiss champions.
Liverpool are looking to strengthen their ranks to increase their chances of qualifying to the UEFA Champions League, and possibly challenging for the Premier League title.