The FIFA Ethics committee has announced bans on various African football officials at both...
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
EXCLUSIVE: Saleh Gomaa passes medical upon arrival to Nacional da Madeira
Egypt international Saleh Gomaa passes medical with Nacional da Madeira ahead of an imminent loan move from ENPPI until the end of the season.
The 20-year-old midfielder arrived at the Madeira airport on Tuesday night – along with agent and former Egypt national team media officer AbdulRahman Magdy – and is expected to sign for Portuguese side CD Nacional on Thursday.
Saleh Gomaa passed his medical examination with the Portuguese team and is set to officially sign for the club on a season-long from ENPPI tomorrow, AbdulRahman Magdy exclusively revealed to KingFut.com.
Gomaa joins fellow Egyptian midfielder Ali Ghazal, 21, in the Madeira club – who are currently sixth place in the Liga ZON Sagres.
ENPPI have been in negotiations with Nacional since before the Christmas break and a deal had already been confirmed by Saleh Gomaa himself. On Tuesday, he even posted some facts about his new team on his official Facebook page.
Gomaa has a been a target for several European teams since last season, having attended trials at Borussia Dortmund and Anderlecht. In June, he was very close to signing for German club Greuther Fürth, but decided against the loan move at the very last-minute.
One of Egypt’s most promising talents, Saleh Gomaa was named the best player of the 2013 U-20 African Cup of Nations and subsequently became a member of last year’s FIFA U-20 World Cup young Pharaohs squad.
This will be Gomaa’s first official European club experiment, after spending the last four seasons at ENPPI and may be eligible for selection for next Sunday’s league game against Gil Vicente, provided his documentation arrives on time.
- READ – Player Profile: Saleh Gomaa