Egypt giants Al Ahly have announced the date for their encounter with Zambian...
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
OFFICIAL: Saleh Gomaa signs for Nacional da Madeira
20-year-old midfielder Saleh Gomaa signs a six-month loan deal from ENPPI to Nacional da Madeira, sixth placed in the Liga ZON Sagres.
After completing a medical yesterday, Gomaa put pen to paper for Nacional on Thursday until the end of the season with an option to sign for an additional three years at the end of the season.
“The change to European football is a dream I have since I was very young. I have made this change now and I just hope I’m very successful,” said Gomaa to local media during his arrival to Portugal.
Gomaa also explained why he chose Nacional and the enthusiasm he has: “I am not anxious. Most of all, I am excited. Nacional is a good club, where a lot of youngsters play. I’ve played a few international level matches, I’m used to it, this is just another experience.”
At Nacional, he will join fellow Egyptian Ali Ghazal, who will help him with his adaptation. “It’s always important to find someone who speaks our language, who knows our culture, for good integration,” said the youngster.
A target for several European teams since last season, Gomaa was very close to signing for Greuther Furth last April, but rejected the move after already having completed a medical, but this will be his first official European club.
A key figure in the 2013 U-20 African Cup of Nations and last year’s FIFA U-20 World Cup young Pharaohs squads, Gomaa also has eight senior caps for Egypt. Gomaa may feature in this weekend’s game against Gil Vicente, if his paperwork is processed on time.