Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
OFFICIAL: Round 5 of Egyptian Premier League postponed
Round five of the Egyptian Premier League has been officially postponed, as reported by the Egyptian FA.
The round five games were supposed to take place on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday but due to the constitutional referendum, the Interior Ministry and the Egyptian Football Association have decided to postpone league action this round.
Round five games are expected however to be played near the end of the first half of the season.
The referendum, which will take place on Tuesday and Wednesday, means that the Ministry have taken this approach in order to ensure that no act of misbehaviour takes place on referendum days.
The Egyptian Premier League started on the 24th of December. Al Ahly currently lead the way in Group A, while Petrojet top Group B.