Zimbabwean forward, Khamat Billiat, is glad that he stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns...
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
- Sundowns midfielder Keagan Dolly: Hard work pays off
- EXCLUSIVE | ZESCO star Clatous Chama on the verge of joining Ittihad of Alexandria
- Egypt draw Zambia and Mali in U-20 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: 75,000 allowed to attend Egypt qualifier against Ghana
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney ‘recovering’ in Sharm El-Sheikh
Manchester United star Wayne Rooney was spotted by Egyptian fans in Sharm El-Sheikh on Saturday, as he recovers from a groin injury.
English Premier League giants Manchester United sent star striker Wayne Rooney on a ‘hot weather break’ on Friday to recover from a recurrent groin injury in a warm climate.
Staying at Egypt’s Red Sea resort of Sharm El-Sheikh, Rooney was mobbed by Egyptian fans at Buddha Bar on Saturday night.
United manager David Moyes told reporters at a news conference on Friday: “We’ve sent a fitness coach with him and he is away with his family. So we’ve given him a bit of a break. I always hoped I would be able to do that at some point in the season, but his groin is not as good as we hoped at this point.”
United are currently in seventh-place in the English Premier League after defeating Swansea 2-0 on Saturday.
Moyes hopes to have Rooney back for the clash with Chelsea next Sunday, while Robin van Persie remains further away from being fit.