Al Ahly director of football Sayed Abdel-Hafiz has announced that the team...
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney ‘recovering’ in Sharm El-Sheikh
Manchester United star Wayne Rooney was spotted by Egyptian fans in Sharm El-Sheikh on Saturday, as he recovers from a groin injury.
English Premier League giants Manchester United sent star striker Wayne Rooney on a ‘hot weather break’ on Friday to recover from a recurrent groin injury in a warm climate.
Staying at Egypt’s Red Sea resort of Sharm El-Sheikh, Rooney was mobbed by Egyptian fans at Buddha Bar on Saturday night.
United manager David Moyes told reporters at a news conference on Friday: “We’ve sent a fitness coach with him and he is away with his family. So we’ve given him a bit of a break. I always hoped I would be able to do that at some point in the season, but his groin is not as good as we hoped at this point.”
United are currently in seventh-place in the English Premier League after defeating Swansea 2-0 on Saturday.
Moyes hopes to have Rooney back for the clash with Chelsea next Sunday, while Robin van Persie remains further away from being fit.