Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney ‘recovering’ in Sharm El-Sheikh
Manchester United star Wayne Rooney was spotted by Egyptian fans in Sharm El-Sheikh on Saturday, as he recovers from a groin injury.
English Premier League giants Manchester United sent star striker Wayne Rooney on a ‘hot weather break’ on Friday to recover from a recurrent groin injury in a warm climate.
Staying at Egypt’s Red Sea resort of Sharm El-Sheikh, Rooney was mobbed by Egyptian fans at Buddha Bar on Saturday night.
United manager David Moyes told reporters at a news conference on Friday: “We’ve sent a fitness coach with him and he is away with his family. So we’ve given him a bit of a break. I always hoped I would be able to do that at some point in the season, but his groin is not as good as we hoped at this point.”
United are currently in seventh-place in the English Premier League after defeating Swansea 2-0 on Saturday.
Moyes hopes to have Rooney back for the clash with Chelsea next Sunday, while Robin van Persie remains further away from being fit.