Hossam El-Badry has announced his 21-man squad facing Misr El-Maqassa in the 13th...
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney ‘recovering’ in Sharm El-Sheikh
Manchester United star Wayne Rooney was spotted by Egyptian fans in Sharm El-Sheikh on Saturday, as he recovers from a groin injury.
English Premier League giants Manchester United sent star striker Wayne Rooney on a ‘hot weather break’ on Friday to recover from a recurrent groin injury in a warm climate.
Staying at Egypt’s Red Sea resort of Sharm El-Sheikh, Rooney was mobbed by Egyptian fans at Buddha Bar on Saturday night.
United manager David Moyes told reporters at a news conference on Friday: “We’ve sent a fitness coach with him and he is away with his family. So we’ve given him a bit of a break. I always hoped I would be able to do that at some point in the season, but his groin is not as good as we hoped at this point.”
United are currently in seventh-place in the English Premier League after defeating Swansea 2-0 on Saturday.
Moyes hopes to have Rooney back for the clash with Chelsea next Sunday, while Robin van Persie remains further away from being fit.