Group A matches have finally come to closure and it has seen...
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney ‘recovering’ in Sharm El-Sheikh
Manchester United star Wayne Rooney was spotted by Egyptian fans in Sharm El-Sheikh on Saturday, as he recovers from a groin injury.
English Premier League giants Manchester United sent star striker Wayne Rooney on a ‘hot weather break’ on Friday to recover from a recurrent groin injury in a warm climate.
Staying at Egypt’s Red Sea resort of Sharm El-Sheikh, Rooney was mobbed by Egyptian fans at Buddha Bar on Saturday night.
United manager David Moyes told reporters at a news conference on Friday: “We’ve sent a fitness coach with him and he is away with his family. So we’ve given him a bit of a break. I always hoped I would be able to do that at some point in the season, but his groin is not as good as we hoped at this point.”
United are currently in seventh-place in the English Premier League after defeating Swansea 2-0 on Saturday.
Moyes hopes to have Rooney back for the clash with Chelsea next Sunday, while Robin van Persie remains further away from being fit.