Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
CONFIRMED: Egypt to face Bosnia in Europe
Egypt, who are now led by former assistant coach Shawky Gharib, are set to face World Cup-bound Bosnia-Herzegovina in a friendly on March 5th.
The date has been agreed upon by both FAs, however, there seems to be confusion regarding the location of the match, as Bosnia-Herzegovina football website BHDragons mentioned it will be played in Innsbruck, Austria, while EFA official Tharwat Soweilam said it will be in France.
“The Egypt management has agreed to play a friendly against Bosnia in France on the 5th of March,” FA chief executive Tharwat Soweilam said.
Shawky Gharib has yet to make his debut as Egypt boss since taking over from Bob Bradley – whose contract expired after the Pharaohs just missed out on their ticket to Brazil, falling 7-3 on aggregate against Ghana.
Former Smouha manager Gharib looks set to kick off his reign with massive challenges as the Pharaohs also prepare to face other European heavyweights.
“We are also considering offers to play against Holland and Belgium in the next few months,” Soweilam concluded.
Bosnia coach Safet Susic was eager to face African opposition ahead of their 2014 World Cup clash against Nigeria in June.