Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
CONFIRMED: Egypt to face Bosnia in Europe
Egypt, who are now led by former assistant coach Shawky Gharib, are set to face World Cup-bound Bosnia-Herzegovina in a friendly on March 5th.
The date has been agreed upon by both FAs, however, there seems to be confusion regarding the location of the match, as Bosnia-Herzegovina football website BHDragons mentioned it will be played in Innsbruck, Austria, while EFA official Tharwat Soweilam said it will be in France.
“The Egypt management has agreed to play a friendly against Bosnia in France on the 5th of March,” FA chief executive Tharwat Soweilam said.
Shawky Gharib has yet to make his debut as Egypt boss since taking over from Bob Bradley – whose contract expired after the Pharaohs just missed out on their ticket to Brazil, falling 7-3 on aggregate against Ghana.
Former Smouha manager Gharib looks set to kick off his reign with massive challenges as the Pharaohs also prepare to face other European heavyweights.
“We are also considering offers to play against Holland and Belgium in the next few months,” Soweilam concluded.
Bosnia coach Safet Susic was eager to face African opposition ahead of their 2014 World Cup clash against Nigeria in June.