The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
CONFIRMED: Egypt to face Bosnia in Europe
Egypt, who are now led by former assistant coach Shawky Gharib, are set to face World Cup-bound Bosnia-Herzegovina in a friendly on March 5th.
The date has been agreed upon by both FAs, however, there seems to be confusion regarding the location of the match, as Bosnia-Herzegovina football website BHDragons mentioned it will be played in Innsbruck, Austria, while EFA official Tharwat Soweilam said it will be in France.
“The Egypt management has agreed to play a friendly against Bosnia in France on the 5th of March,” FA chief executive Tharwat Soweilam said.
Shawky Gharib has yet to make his debut as Egypt boss since taking over from Bob Bradley – whose contract expired after the Pharaohs just missed out on their ticket to Brazil, falling 7-3 on aggregate against Ghana.
Former Smouha manager Gharib looks set to kick off his reign with massive challenges as the Pharaohs also prepare to face other European heavyweights.
“We are also considering offers to play against Holland and Belgium in the next few months,” Soweilam concluded.
Bosnia coach Safet Susic was eager to face African opposition ahead of their 2014 World Cup clash against Nigeria in June.