Al Ahly football manager Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced the team’s CAF Champions League...
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Sam Morsy features, Lierse draw
- Zamalek and Ismaily handed transfer bans
Egypt’s Ballon d’Or votes – Gomaa, Bradley with identical picks
Every year, journalists, national team captains and coaches cast their vote for the prestigious FIFA Ballon d’Or award, which essentially declares the top three players of the year.
Egypt’s current national team captain Wael Gomaa and former manager Bob Bradley, who we previously mentioned voted for Cristiano Ronaldo, both ended up choosing the exact same three for their Ballon d’Or votes, with the Real Madrid star both their number one pick.
Gomaa and Bradley also followed by choosing Franck Ribéry and Zlatan Ibrahimović for the second and third spots respectively.
Egypt’s media representative, Inas Mazhar, also picked Cristiano Ronaldo for the 1st spot. She followed by picking Lionel Messi for second, and concluded by choosing Zlatan Ibrahimović as the 3rd best player of the year.
It’s well worth mentioning that Cristiano Ronaldo emerged as the eventual Ballon d’Or winner, for the 2nd time in his professional career. The Argentinean captain Lionel Messi finished second, and Franck Ribéry concluded the top three.