ENPPI and Egypt midfielder Salah Soliman has been ruled out of Monday’s local national...
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
Egypt’s Ballon d’Or votes – Gomaa, Bradley with identical picks
Every year, journalists, national team captains and coaches cast their vote for the prestigious FIFA Ballon d’Or award, which essentially declares the top three players of the year.
Egypt’s current national team captain Wael Gomaa and former manager Bob Bradley, who we previously mentioned voted for Cristiano Ronaldo, both ended up choosing the exact same three for their Ballon d’Or votes, with the Real Madrid star both their number one pick.
Gomaa and Bradley also followed by choosing Franck Ribéry and Zlatan Ibrahimović for the second and third spots respectively.
Egypt’s media representative, Inas Mazhar, also picked Cristiano Ronaldo for the 1st spot. She followed by picking Lionel Messi for second, and concluded by choosing Zlatan Ibrahimović as the 3rd best player of the year.
It’s well worth mentioning that Cristiano Ronaldo emerged as the eventual Ballon d’Or winner, for the 2nd time in his professional career. The Argentinean captain Lionel Messi finished second, and Franck Ribéry concluded the top three.