Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
Egypt’s Ballon d’Or votes – Gomaa, Bradley with identical picks
Every year, journalists, national team captains and coaches cast their vote for the prestigious FIFA Ballon d’Or award, which essentially declares the top three players of the year.
Egypt’s current national team captain Wael Gomaa and former manager Bob Bradley, who we previously mentioned voted for Cristiano Ronaldo, both ended up choosing the exact same three for their Ballon d’Or votes, with the Real Madrid star both their number one pick.
Gomaa and Bradley also followed by choosing Franck Ribéry and Zlatan Ibrahimović for the second and third spots respectively.
Egypt’s media representative, Inas Mazhar, also picked Cristiano Ronaldo for the 1st spot. She followed by picking Lionel Messi for second, and concluded by choosing Zlatan Ibrahimović as the 3rd best player of the year.
It’s well worth mentioning that Cristiano Ronaldo emerged as the eventual Ballon d’Or winner, for the 2nd time in his professional career. The Argentinean captain Lionel Messi finished second, and Franck Ribéry concluded the top three.