Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
Egypt’s Ballon d’Or votes – Gomaa, Bradley with identical picks
Every year, journalists, national team captains and coaches cast their vote for the prestigious FIFA Ballon d’Or award, which essentially declares the top three players of the year.
Egypt’s current national team captain Wael Gomaa and former manager Bob Bradley, who we previously mentioned voted for Cristiano Ronaldo, both ended up choosing the exact same three for their Ballon d’Or votes, with the Real Madrid star both their number one pick.
Gomaa and Bradley also followed by choosing Franck Ribéry and Zlatan Ibrahimović for the second and third spots respectively.
Egypt’s media representative, Inas Mazhar, also picked Cristiano Ronaldo for the 1st spot. She followed by picking Lionel Messi for second, and concluded by choosing Zlatan Ibrahimović as the 3rd best player of the year.
It’s well worth mentioning that Cristiano Ronaldo emerged as the eventual Ballon d’Or winner, for the 2nd time in his professional career. The Argentinean captain Lionel Messi finished second, and Franck Ribéry concluded the top three.