Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Egypt’s Ballon d’Or votes – Gomaa, Bradley with identical picks
Every year, journalists, national team captains and coaches cast their vote for the prestigious FIFA Ballon d’Or award, which essentially declares the top three players of the year.
Egypt’s current national team captain Wael Gomaa and former manager Bob Bradley, who we previously mentioned voted for Cristiano Ronaldo, both ended up choosing the exact same three for their Ballon d’Or votes, with the Real Madrid star both their number one pick.
Gomaa and Bradley also followed by choosing Franck Ribéry and Zlatan Ibrahimović for the second and third spots respectively.
Egypt’s media representative, Inas Mazhar, also picked Cristiano Ronaldo for the 1st spot. She followed by picking Lionel Messi for second, and concluded by choosing Zlatan Ibrahimović as the 3rd best player of the year.
It’s well worth mentioning that Cristiano Ronaldo emerged as the eventual Ballon d’Or winner, for the 2nd time in his professional career. The Argentinean captain Lionel Messi finished second, and Franck Ribéry concluded the top three.