Egypt’s Aly Ghazal has finalised terms with Chinese Super League club Guizhou...
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
Ahmed Fathi: Al Ahly reject Nottingham Forest offer
Championship side Nottingham Forest were aiming to sign 29-year-old right back Ahmed Fathi from Al Ahly during the current transfer window, but a bid has been rejected by the Cairo giants, the player told Egyptian media on Tuesday.
Egypt international Fathi told reporters: “I received an offer from the English team to sign me, but the board of Al Ahly rejected it.”
“I’m committed to the board’s decision as I’ve got six months left on my contract,” he concluded.
Ahmed Fathi, who has been capped just over 100 times by his country, had a frustrating spell at Hull City in the Championship last year, as he was only given one start in seven appearances for the Tigers.
Fathi was runner up for the 2013 CAF Player of the Year (Based in Africa) after winning the 2013 African Champions League with Al Ahly, but Egyptian legend Abou-Treika beat him to the award.
Libyan side Al Ahly Tripoli were also on the verge of signing Fathi this winter, but Al Ahly (Cairo) coach Mohamed Youssef rejected the move last week.
Forest have also been continuously linked with Fathi’s team-mate, 19-year-old Al Ahly midfielder Mahmoud Trezeguet, but the club would only be willing to part ways with the starlet for a fee of £1million.
Fathi previously played in the English Premier League with Sheffield United in 2007, making only three appearances before being sold to Al Ahly.