Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
Dominique Da Silva released from Al Ahly
Dominique Da Silva, 24, has had his contract rescinded with Al Ahly by mutual consent, the Cairo giants announced on Thursday.
Da Silva was signed from Sfaxien in 2011 during Manuel Jose’s stint in Al Ahly. Jose brought him in for his strength and speed. Many thought of him as the next Flavio. Since then however, he had been plagued by numerous injures, sidelining him for many weeks in the season. Not only that, he has found little to no playing time in the first time.
Al Ahly haven’t found an adequate solution to the matter, so they had decided to keep him on board with team. However, Da Silva’s departure seemed more likely to happen as he was left out of the African Champions League squad announced yesterday, as Ahly have numerous strikers on the books.
News of his departure should not be surprising as he was thought to be leaving when Al Faisaly, a Saudi Arabian team, had offered to sign him. However he refused to go. During the 2012 season Da Silva’s agent had told Al Ahly officials that there was an offer for his client from a Swiss team, this deal also managed to fall through.