Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Dominique Da Silva released from Al Ahly
Dominique Da Silva, 24, has had his contract rescinded with Al Ahly by mutual consent, the Cairo giants announced on Thursday.
Da Silva was signed from Sfaxien in 2011 during Manuel Jose’s stint in Al Ahly. Jose brought him in for his strength and speed. Many thought of him as the next Flavio. Since then however, he had been plagued by numerous injures, sidelining him for many weeks in the season. Not only that, he has found little to no playing time in the first time.
Al Ahly haven’t found an adequate solution to the matter, so they had decided to keep him on board with team. However, Da Silva’s departure seemed more likely to happen as he was left out of the African Champions League squad announced yesterday, as Ahly have numerous strikers on the books.
News of his departure should not be surprising as he was thought to be leaving when Al Faisaly, a Saudi Arabian team, had offered to sign him. However he refused to go. During the 2012 season Da Silva’s agent had told Al Ahly officials that there was an offer for his client from a Swiss team, this deal also managed to fall through.