Egypt international and Arsenal midfielder Mohamed Elneny has started the process of recovering...
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
Dominique Da Silva released from Al Ahly
Dominique Da Silva, 24, has had his contract rescinded with Al Ahly by mutual consent, the Cairo giants announced on Thursday.
Da Silva was signed from Sfaxien in 2011 during Manuel Jose’s stint in Al Ahly. Jose brought him in for his strength and speed. Many thought of him as the next Flavio. Since then however, he had been plagued by numerous injures, sidelining him for many weeks in the season. Not only that, he has found little to no playing time in the first time.
Al Ahly haven’t found an adequate solution to the matter, so they had decided to keep him on board with team. However, Da Silva’s departure seemed more likely to happen as he was left out of the African Champions League squad announced yesterday, as Ahly have numerous strikers on the books.
News of his departure should not be surprising as he was thought to be leaving when Al Faisaly, a Saudi Arabian team, had offered to sign him. However he refused to go. During the 2012 season Da Silva’s agent had told Al Ahly officials that there was an offer for his client from a Swiss team, this deal also managed to fall through.