KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
Dominique Da Silva released from Al Ahly
Mauritanian striker Dominique Da Silva has been released from Al Ahly after spending three years at the football club.
Dominique Da Silva, 24, has had his contract rescinded with Al Ahly by mutual consent, the Cairo giants announced on Thursday.
Da Silva was signed from Sfaxien in 2011 during Manuel Jose’s stint in Al Ahly. Jose brought him in for his strength and speed. Many thought of him as the next Flavio. Since then however, he had been plagued by numerous injures, sidelining him for many weeks in the season. Not only that, he has found little to no playing time in the first time.
Al Ahly haven’t found an adequate solution to the matter, so they had decided to keep him on board with team. However, Da Silva’s departure seemed more likely to happen as he was left out of the African Champions League squad announced yesterday, as Ahly have numerous strikers on the books.
News of his departure should not be surprising as he was thought to be leaving when Al Faisaly, a Saudi Arabian team, had offered to sign him. However he refused to go. During the 2012 season Da Silva’s agent had told Al Ahly officials that there was an offer for his client from a Swiss team, this deal also managed to fall through.