The round one fixtures for the Men’s World Squash Championship 2016 have been released. ...
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
- Mohamed Elneny features in Arsenal’s goalless draw with Middlesbrough
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
Egypt jump 10 places up in FIFA Rankings
Egypt jump 10 places up in the latest FIFA rankings
FIFA have released it’s January rankings on Thursday, 16th January 2014 – the first edition of the FIFA/Coca Cola world rankings in 2014.
Egypt was one of the countries that made the biggest climbs, moving from 41 in December 2013 to 31, 10 places up, in the new year.
This has pushed the seven time African champions to 4th on the continent behind Ivory Coast 17, Ghana, 24, who maintained their places and Algeria 27 who dropped by one.
Reigning African Champions Nigeria, dropped four places down to 41 while South Africa entered Africa’s top ten with eight places up but lies 54 in the world.
FIFA have also revealed that, the on-going African Nations Championship (CHAN) in South Africa will have effect on next month’s ranking as the world’s governing body expects more movements of participating teams.
AFRICA’S TOP TEN
1. Ivory Coast – 17
2. Ghana – 24
3. Algeria – 27
4. Egypt – 31
5. Cape Verde – 35
6. Mali – 40
7. Nigeria – 41
8. Tunisia – 44
9. Cameroon – 50
10. South Africa – 54