Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary has issued an apology to everyone at...
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
- El-Hadary: I may leave Wadi Degla now or at the end of this season
- Former teammate talks about ‘scissors’ incident between Mido and Zlatan
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
Egypt jump 10 places up in FIFA Rankings
Egypt jump 10 places up in the latest FIFA rankings
FIFA have released it’s January rankings on Thursday, 16th January 2014 – the first edition of the FIFA/Coca Cola world rankings in 2014.
Egypt was one of the countries that made the biggest climbs, moving from 41 in December 2013 to 31, 10 places up, in the new year.
This has pushed the seven time African champions to 4th on the continent behind Ivory Coast 17, Ghana, 24, who maintained their places and Algeria 27 who dropped by one.
Reigning African Champions Nigeria, dropped four places down to 41 while South Africa entered Africa’s top ten with eight places up but lies 54 in the world.
FIFA have also revealed that, the on-going African Nations Championship (CHAN) in South Africa will have effect on next month’s ranking as the world’s governing body expects more movements of participating teams.
AFRICA’S TOP TEN
1. Ivory Coast – 17
2. Ghana – 24
3. Algeria – 27
4. Egypt – 31
5. Cape Verde – 35
6. Mali – 40
7. Nigeria – 41
8. Tunisia – 44
9. Cameroon – 50
10. South Africa – 54