Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal has stressed that Egypt manager Hector Cuper...
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
Egypt jump 10 places up in FIFA Rankings
Egypt jump 10 places up in the latest FIFA rankings
FIFA have released it’s January rankings on Thursday, 16th January 2014 – the first edition of the FIFA/Coca Cola world rankings in 2014.
Egypt was one of the countries that made the biggest climbs, moving from 41 in December 2013 to 31, 10 places up, in the new year.
This has pushed the seven time African champions to 4th on the continent behind Ivory Coast 17, Ghana, 24, who maintained their places and Algeria 27 who dropped by one.
Reigning African Champions Nigeria, dropped four places down to 41 while South Africa entered Africa’s top ten with eight places up but lies 54 in the world.
FIFA have also revealed that, the on-going African Nations Championship (CHAN) in South Africa will have effect on next month’s ranking as the world’s governing body expects more movements of participating teams.
AFRICA’S TOP TEN
1. Ivory Coast – 17
2. Ghana – 24
3. Algeria – 27
4. Egypt – 31
5. Cape Verde – 35
6. Mali – 40
7. Nigeria – 41
8. Tunisia – 44
9. Cameroon – 50
10. South Africa – 54