Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp has confirmed that his Cameroonian defender Joël Matip will not be going...
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
Abdallah Gomaa scores excellent goal against SC Freiburg
FC Union Berlin thumped Bundesliga side SC Freiburg 5-0 in a friendly game that took place in Southern Spain on Thursday.
18-year-old Abdallah Gomaa, who is on a one week trial with FC Union Berlin, topped off an impressive performance with a fine solo goal for the 2. Bundesliga outfit.
Abdallah Gomaa came on in the 62nd minute in place of Christopher Quiring on the wing before scoring the side’s 5th of the game with a great piece of individual skill.
The Egyptian winger used his pace and dribbling skills to glide past half of the Freiburg defense before flicking the ball into the far corner in the 87th minute.
According to FC Union Berlin’s official website, manager Uwe Neuhaus was impressed by Gomaa’s fast dribbling.
FC Union Berlin will next travel to Marbella, Spain to take on Romanian champions Steaua Bucureşti in a friendly on Monday.
– Ahmad Yousef