Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Mido offered to manage Al Masry after clash with Ismaily
Former Egypt and Tottenham striker Mido is set to launch his managerial career with Al Masry, after the club’s upcoming match with Ismaily.
Mido will take on the same path as Egyptian legendary striker and ex-teammate Hossam Hassan who retired in 2007 before managing Al Masry a year later.
Hossam coached Mido during his short stint at Zamalek back in the 2009-2010 season.
“The board of directors wants to repeat the previous experience of the twins Hossam and Ibrahim Hassan with the club after they retired,” Sherif Saleh, a member of the Masry board of directors, mentioned.
Al Masry returned to the Egyptian Premier League following their suspension since the Port Said tragedy, where over 70 Al Ahly fans were killed immediately after a football match between the two sides on the first of February 2012.
It is all set for Mido to manage the coastal side who are currently suffering this season and find themselves on the bottom of the league with only two points from three games thus far, according to Saleh
Mido announced his retirement after an impressive journey which started with Zamalek before moving to Gent, Ajax, Celta Vigo, Marseille, Roma, Spurs, Middlesbrough, Wigan, West Ham, and finally, Barnsley.
Mido currently works as a pundit for BeIN sport (Formerly Aljazeera) but it remains to be seen whether the Egyptian will remain as a pundit.