Egypt giants Al Ahly have announced the date for their encounter with Zambian...
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
FC Union manager Neuhaus: Gomaa a good player, but we must wait
Uwe Neuhaus, the first team manager of FC Union Berlin, expressed his positive impressions after he saw ENPPI trialist Abdallah Gomaa on his first field experience with the team yesterday against Bundesliga side SC Freiburg.
The 18-year-old Egyptian starlet joined the 2. Bundesliga club on 14th January on a trail period until the 21st, as the team are holding a training camp in Spain to prepare for the second round of the season.
Gomaa participated in the 5-0 friendly win against Freiburg for less than 30 minutes yesterday, but he was able to score a magnificent solo goal – FC Union’s fifth – and receive a lot of praise for his performance.
The 54-year-old manager Neuhaus told German newspaper Berliner Zeitung about the ‘Little Pharaoh’ after the match: “You can see right away that he’s a good player.”
“One can see, that at all times he has got the ability to outplay someone with his dribbling,” he added.
But Neuhaus insisted that he still doesn’t have a final decision on whether he will sign Abdallah Gomaa or not: “To [determine] what extent he can prevail physically, you have to wait. It is difficult to draw conclusions from two or three situations.”
Abdallah Gomaa is the youngest brother of ex-U-20 player Saleh, who moved to Portuguese club Nacional Madeira from ENPPI last week.