Zamalek manager Momen Soliman revealed that back-up keeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rehim “Gennesh” will...
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
- Mohamed Elneny features in Arsenal’s goalless draw with Middlesbrough
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
- Pitso: We can go to the match without training
- Billiat lauds Pitso Mosimane’s methods ahead of Zamalek tie
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
- Emmanuel Amuneke open to managing Zamalek
FC Union manager Neuhaus: Gomaa a good player, but we must wait
Uwe Neuhaus, the first team manager of FC Union Berlin, expressed his positive impressions after he saw ENPPI trialist Abdallah Gomaa on his first field experience with the team yesterday against Bundesliga side SC Freiburg.
The 18-year-old Egyptian starlet joined the 2. Bundesliga club on 14th January on a trail period until the 21st, as the team are holding a training camp in Spain to prepare for the second round of the season.
Gomaa participated in the 5-0 friendly win against Freiburg for less than 30 minutes yesterday, but he was able to score a magnificent solo goal – FC Union’s fifth – and receive a lot of praise for his performance.
The 54-year-old manager Neuhaus told German newspaper Berliner Zeitung about the ‘Little Pharaoh’ after the match: “You can see right away that he’s a good player.”
“One can see, that at all times he has got the ability to outplay someone with his dribbling,” he added.
But Neuhaus insisted that he still doesn’t have a final decision on whether he will sign Abdallah Gomaa or not: “To [determine] what extent he can prevail physically, you have to wait. It is difficult to draw conclusions from two or three situations.”
Abdallah Gomaa is the youngest brother of ex-U-20 player Saleh, who moved to Portuguese club Nacional Madeira from ENPPI last week.