Al Ahly have defeated Kenyan side Prisons 3-0 in the quarter-finals of the African...
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
FC Union manager Neuhaus: Gomaa a good player, but we must wait
Uwe Neuhaus, the first team manager of FC Union Berlin, expressed his positive impressions after he saw ENPPI trialist Abdallah Gomaa on his first field experience with the team yesterday against Bundesliga side SC Freiburg.
The 18-year-old Egyptian starlet joined the 2. Bundesliga club on 14th January on a trail period until the 21st, as the team are holding a training camp in Spain to prepare for the second round of the season.
Gomaa participated in the 5-0 friendly win against Freiburg for less than 30 minutes yesterday, but he was able to score a magnificent solo goal – FC Union’s fifth – and receive a lot of praise for his performance.
The 54-year-old manager Neuhaus told German newspaper Berliner Zeitung about the ‘Little Pharaoh’ after the match: “You can see right away that he’s a good player.”
“One can see, that at all times he has got the ability to outplay someone with his dribbling,” he added.
But Neuhaus insisted that he still doesn’t have a final decision on whether he will sign Abdallah Gomaa or not: “To [determine] what extent he can prevail physically, you have to wait. It is difficult to draw conclusions from two or three situations.”
Abdallah Gomaa is the youngest brother of ex-U-20 player Saleh, who moved to Portuguese club Nacional Madeira from ENPPI last week.