Zamalek have recorded back-to-back Premier League wins after defeating Al Masry 1-0 in...
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
Gedo ‘not angry’ over Hull City departure as Egypt striker returns to training with Al Ahly
Mohamed Nagy ‘Gedo’ has found life hard in the glamorous English Premier League and the striker has officially returned to Al Ahly’s ranks just three months after re-joining Hull City on a season-long loan deal.
Gedo only managed six appearances with Hull this season, and only two of them were in the Premier League. The Egyptian striker was scoreless and excluded from the teamsheet for their last seven EPL games.
“I am not angry at leaving Hull City and returning to Ahly, as the latter is my base team,” Gedo was quoted as saying by Ahly’s official website on Friday.
“I hope to be a good addition to the team’s squad this season.”
Gedo returning and the signing of Ahmed Raouf should be a great boost to Ahly’s title defence in both the league and the CAF Champions League, especially after Mauritanian striker Dominique Da Silva had his contract terminated.
“Watch out for me this season as I have more objectives to do well with Ahly,” Gedo said.
Al Ahly had a loan offer for Gedo from an unnamed Championship side – which was believed to be Nottingham Forest – but the club rejected the approach and asked Hull’s management to allow the player to return to Cairo if they didn’t want to complete the loan deal.
“I had offers from English teams but I respect Ahly’s decision,” the Egypt striker with 18 goals in 36 international appearances concluded.
Hull City’s official website, which confirmed Gedo’s imminent departure yesterday, said: “We would like to wish Gedo well for the future.”
Gedo later bid farewell to the Hull City fans on his Twitter account: “Thanks Hull fans for your support and your lovely messages. I really enjoyed [playing] at the KC stadium.”