Egypt have been seeded in pot 3 for the 2017 Africa U-20...
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
UPDATES: Al Ahly board sacked, Egypt’s Prime Minister steps in
Minister of Sports Taher Abou-Zeid sacked the entire Al Ahly board on Saturday, but Egypt’s Prime Minister rejected the decision.
After nine years at the Al Ahly helm, Hassan Hamdy’s board were sacked on Saturday, the Egyptian Ministry of Sports announced, until Egypt’s Prime Minister Hazem El-Biblawy stepped in.
According to a new law, a single board should not last for more than eight years. The board led by Hassan Hamdy have been at the Red Castle since December 2004, which prompted Taher Abou-Zeid to sack them.
Things got messy as Hassan Hamdy and his board were going to be taken to court as well.
The new Al Ahly board was set to feature former Ahly legends Adel Heikal and Taher El Sheikh as president and vice-president respectively, as well as former captain and Egyptian international Mostafa Younes.
- According to MBC Egypt, Prime Minister Hazem El-Biblawy has rejected the decision and Taher Abou-Zeid has reportedly resigned.
- It’s official, Prime Minister Hazem El-Biblawy has taken the decision and the Al Ahly board will not leave their positions.
- Al Ahly board member Khaled El Darandaly on Dream with Khaled El Ghandour: “We will leave in March, that’s for sure, there will be elections.”
- Khaled El Darandaly on Dream with Khaled El Ghandour: “We respect everyone, it’s not our policy to launch verbal attacks on anyone.”
- Khaled El Darandaly: “We will never leave the club in a position which doesn’t match it’s heritage.”
- Khaled Zein on Dream with Khaled El Ghandour: “It is all about the people surrounding the Taher Abou-Zeid.”
- Khaled El Darandaly: “Is it sane to remove a board just because there are suspicions surrounding the members?”
- IHF President Hassan Moustafa: “Taher Abou-Zeid is seeking revenge from Hassan Hamdy, he isn’t fit to be Minister of Sports.”
- Al Ahly release a statement thanking the Prime Minister.