Héctor Cúper spoke about Abdel-Shafy’s situation, Elneny and Kahraba ahead of Egypt’s crucial encounter...
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
UPDATES: Al Ahly board sacked, Egypt’s Prime Minister steps in
After nine years at the Al Ahly helm, Hassan Hamdy’s board were sacked on Saturday, the Egyptian Ministry of Sports announced, until Egypt’s Prime Minister Hazem El-Biblawy stepped in.
According to a new law, a single board should not last for more than eight years. The board led by Hassan Hamdy have been at the Red Castle since December 2004, which prompted Taher Abou-Zeid to sack them.
Things got messy as Hassan Hamdy and his board were going to be taken to court as well.
The new Al Ahly board was set to feature former Ahly legends Adel Heikal and Taher El Sheikh as president and vice-president respectively, as well as former captain and Egyptian international Mostafa Younes.
- According to MBC Egypt, Prime Minister Hazem El-Biblawy has rejected the decision and Taher Abou-Zeid has reportedly resigned.
- It’s official, Prime Minister Hazem El-Biblawy has taken the decision and the Al Ahly board will not leave their positions.
- Al Ahly board member Khaled El Darandaly on Dream with Khaled El Ghandour: “We will leave in March, that’s for sure, there will be elections.”
- Khaled El Darandaly on Dream with Khaled El Ghandour: “We respect everyone, it’s not our policy to launch verbal attacks on anyone.”
- Khaled El Darandaly: “We will never leave the club in a position which doesn’t match it’s heritage.”
- Khaled Zein on Dream with Khaled El Ghandour: “It is all about the people surrounding the Taher Abou-Zeid.”
- Khaled El Darandaly: “Is it sane to remove a board just because there are suspicions surrounding the members?”
- IHF President Hassan Moustafa: “Taher Abou-Zeid is seeking revenge from Hassan Hamdy, he isn’t fit to be Minister of Sports.”
- Al Ahly release a statement thanking the Prime Minister.