Al Ahly handball team managed to qualify for Egypt Cup semi-finals after...
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
Sports minister Taher Abou-Zeid sentenced to one year in prison
Nasr City Misdemeanor Court ruled isolating Taher Abou-Zeid from his position due to the minister of Sports failure to perform a judicial ruling regarding the annulment of the 2009-2013 elections at the Shooting Club.
Abou-Zeid has been sentenced to prison for not implementing the court ruling, along with civil compensation worth one thousand Egyptian pounds and a fine worth 10 thousand pounds.
The court ruling was obtained by 14 of the club’s members, who filed in complaints.
The news comes a few days after Abou-Zeid’s decision to sack all current Al Ahly SC board members, which was later overruled by Prime Minister Hazem El-Biblawi leading to reports that Abou-Zeid has submitted his resignation from his post as Sports Minister.