Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
Sports minister Taher Abou-Zeid sentenced to one year in prison
Nasr City Misdemeanor Court ruled isolating Taher Abou-Zeid from his position due to the minister of Sports failure to perform a judicial ruling regarding the annulment of the 2009-2013 elections at the Shooting Club.
Abou-Zeid has been sentenced to prison for not implementing the court ruling, along with civil compensation worth one thousand Egyptian pounds and a fine worth 10 thousand pounds.
The court ruling was obtained by 14 of the club’s members, who filed in complaints.
The news comes a few days after Abou-Zeid’s decision to sack all current Al Ahly SC board members, which was later overruled by Prime Minister Hazem El-Biblawi leading to reports that Abou-Zeid has submitted his resignation from his post as Sports Minister.