Ghana FA vice president George Afriyie is pleased that Andre Ayew...
- INTERVIEW | Ahmad Fahmy – Fantasy Premier League’s current number one overall
- Ghana FA vice president announces readiness of Ayew and Asamoah for Egypt clash
- Mouscron coach: Trezeguet most talented player in our team
- Fabio Petruzzi: Salah added value to Roma
- Ghana’s David Accam confident of beating Egypt
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
UPDATED: Ultras Ahlawy capo released by police
A prominent capo of Al Ahly’s rabid supporters group was released hours after being arrested by the police on Monday.
Ahmed Idrees, a prominent capo or leader of Ultras Ahlawy (UA07) was arrested at dawn on Monday.
Idrees was arrested by the police for investigations after Ashraf El-Ezaby, the lawyer of the 21 Al Masry fans who were sentenced to death, claimed that the former threw fire crackers at Al Masry’s supporters during the game.
This arrest is part of the ongoing Port Said disaster investigations, in which 74 members of Ultras Ahlawy were killed.
However, Idrees was released the same night after the group issued a warning to the Ministry of Interior on social networking site Facebook.