Al Ahly and Egypt’s U-20 national team forward Karim Nedved revealed that he...
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
UPDATED: Ultras Ahlawy capo released by police
A prominent capo of Al Ahly’s rabid supporters group was released hours after being arrested by the police on Monday.
Ahmed Idrees, a prominent capo or leader of Ultras Ahlawy (UA07) was arrested at dawn on Monday.
Idrees was arrested by the police for investigations after Ashraf El-Ezaby, the lawyer of the 21 Al Masry fans who were sentenced to death, claimed that the former threw fire crackers at Al Masry’s supporters during the game.
This arrest is part of the ongoing Port Said disaster investigations, in which 74 members of Ultras Ahlawy were killed.
However, Idrees was released the same night after the group issued a warning to the Ministry of Interior on social networking site Facebook.