Egypt international Aly Ghazal is on the verge of sealing a transfer...
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
UPDATED: Ultras Ahlawy capo released by police
A prominent capo of Al Ahly’s rabid supporters group was released hours after being arrested by the police on Monday.
Ahmed Idrees, a prominent capo or leader of Ultras Ahlawy (UA07) was arrested at dawn on Monday.
Idrees was arrested by the police for investigations after Ashraf El-Ezaby, the lawyer of the 21 Al Masry fans who were sentenced to death, claimed that the former threw fire crackers at Al Masry’s supporters during the game.
This arrest is part of the ongoing Port Said disaster investigations, in which 74 members of Ultras Ahlawy were killed.
However, Idrees was released the same night after the group issued a warning to the Ministry of Interior on social networking site Facebook.