AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
UPDATED: Ultras Ahlawy capo released by police
A prominent capo of Al Ahly’s rabid supporters group was released hours after being arrested by the police on Monday.
Ahmed Idrees, a prominent capo or leader of Ultras Ahlawy (UA07) was arrested at dawn on Monday.
Idrees was arrested by the police for investigations after Ashraf El-Ezaby, the lawyer of the 21 Al Masry fans who were sentenced to death, claimed that the former threw fire crackers at Al Masry’s supporters during the game.
This arrest is part of the ongoing Port Said disaster investigations, in which 74 members of Ultras Ahlawy were killed.
However, Idrees was released the same night after the group issued a warning to the Ministry of Interior on social networking site Facebook.