Zamalek manager Momen Soliman revealed that back-up keeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rehim “Gennesh” will...
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
- Mohamed Elneny features in Arsenal’s goalless draw with Middlesbrough
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
- Pitso: We can go to the match without training
- Billiat lauds Pitso Mosimane’s methods ahead of Zamalek tie
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
Official: Ahmed Samir Farag leaves Lierse
27-year-old Ahmed Samir Farag, whose contract was set to expire in June, has decided to prematurely end his stay in Belgium, Lierse’s official website confirmed on Tuesday.
The Egyptian left wing-back hasn’t featured for Lierse’s first team since late December, but he told the club’s official website his departure is due to ‘personal issues’.
Farag’s only goal for the club was an excellent free-kick he scored to help 10-man Lierse claim a 2-1 win against Sporting Charleroi last November.
The former Ismaily star, whose been heavily linked with a move to Zamalek recently, last represented Egypt in a 3-0 friendly win against Uganda in August. Farag hasn’t represented the Pharaohs in a competitive fixtures since Egypt’s 3-0 loss against the USA at the 2009 Confederations Cup.
The Egyptian-owned Belgian club said on their official website: “Lierse thank Farag for the great years at Lierse and wishes him much success in his future career.”
Hossam Ghaly is the only Egyptian who is set to spend the remainder of the season with Lierse SK, as 22-year-old striker Ahmed Yasser has joined parent club Wadi Degla on loan this month.
Farag wanted to thank the Lierse supporters himself, which can seen below.