Mohamed Mamdouh Hashem, Pays d’Aix and Egypt’s National Handball team Pivot, spoke...
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I didn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
Official: Ahmed Samir Farag leaves Lierse
27-year-old Ahmed Samir Farag, whose contract was set to expire in June, has decided to prematurely end his stay in Belgium, Lierse’s official website confirmed on Tuesday.
The Egyptian left wing-back hasn’t featured for Lierse’s first team since late December, but he told the club’s official website his departure is due to ‘personal issues’.
Farag’s only goal for the club was an excellent free-kick he scored to help 10-man Lierse claim a 2-1 win against Sporting Charleroi last November.
The former Ismaily star, whose been heavily linked with a move to Zamalek recently, last represented Egypt in a 3-0 friendly win against Uganda in August. Farag hasn’t represented the Pharaohs in a competitive fixtures since Egypt’s 3-0 loss against the USA at the 2009 Confederations Cup.
The Egyptian-owned Belgian club said on their official website: “Lierse thank Farag for the great years at Lierse and wishes him much success in his future career.”
Hossam Ghaly is the only Egyptian who is set to spend the remainder of the season with Lierse SK, as 22-year-old striker Ahmed Yasser has joined parent club Wadi Degla on loan this month.
Farag wanted to thank the Lierse supporters himself, which can seen below.