Ahmed Elmohamady played the full 90 minutes as Hull City fell to...
- Ahmed El-Ahmar receives honorary medal from El-Sisi
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
Official: Ahmed Samir Farag leaves Lierse
27-year-old Ahmed Samir Farag, whose contract was set to expire in June, has decided to prematurely end his stay in Belgium, Lierse’s official website confirmed on Tuesday.
The Egyptian left wing-back hasn’t featured for Lierse’s first team since late December, but he told the club’s official website his departure is due to ‘personal issues’.
Farag’s only goal for the club was an excellent free-kick he scored to help 10-man Lierse claim a 2-1 win against Sporting Charleroi last November.
The former Ismaily star, whose been heavily linked with a move to Zamalek recently, last represented Egypt in a 3-0 friendly win against Uganda in August. Farag hasn’t represented the Pharaohs in a competitive fixtures since Egypt’s 3-0 loss against the USA at the 2009 Confederations Cup.
The Egyptian-owned Belgian club said on their official website: “Lierse thank Farag for the great years at Lierse and wishes him much success in his future career.”
Hossam Ghaly is the only Egyptian who is set to spend the remainder of the season with Lierse SK, as 22-year-old striker Ahmed Yasser has joined parent club Wadi Degla on loan this month.
Farag wanted to thank the Lierse supporters himself, which can seen below.