The Egyptian national military team has managed to beat Canada 4-0 in...
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
Official: Ahmed Samir Farag leaves Lierse
27-year-old Ahmed Samir Farag, whose contract was set to expire in June, has decided to prematurely end his stay in Belgium, Lierse’s official website confirmed on Tuesday.
The Egyptian left wing-back hasn’t featured for Lierse’s first team since late December, but he told the club’s official website his departure is due to ‘personal issues’.
Farag’s only goal for the club was an excellent free-kick he scored to help 10-man Lierse claim a 2-1 win against Sporting Charleroi last November.
The former Ismaily star, whose been heavily linked with a move to Zamalek recently, last represented Egypt in a 3-0 friendly win against Uganda in August. Farag hasn’t represented the Pharaohs in a competitive fixtures since Egypt’s 3-0 loss against the USA at the 2009 Confederations Cup.
The Egyptian-owned Belgian club said on their official website: “Lierse thank Farag for the great years at Lierse and wishes him much success in his future career.”
Hossam Ghaly is the only Egyptian who is set to spend the remainder of the season with Lierse SK, as 22-year-old striker Ahmed Yasser has joined parent club Wadi Degla on loan this month.
Farag wanted to thank the Lierse supporters himself, which can seen below.