Egypt international Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba scored a brace as Al-Ittihad beat Al-Ettifaq...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
- Egypt features in list of referees for 2017 AFCON
Official: Former Spurs striker Mido appointed as new Zamalek manager
Former Egypt and Tottenham striker Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ has been officially appointed as the new Zamalek manager – the youngest in the club’s history.
As King Fut sources within the club confirmed to us, Mido has taken over at the helm of Zamalek following the former Egypt international’s appointment on Tuesday night.
After coach Helmy Toulan’s sacking following a string of disappointing results, Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ has been officially appointed to replace him as manager, Zamalek’s official website announced.
The former Ajax, Marseille, Roma and Tottenham striker Mido, who retired last summer at the age of 30 – ending a 13-year playing career in football – becomes Zamalek’s and the Egyptian Premier League’s youngest manager in history.
It is worth noting that Mido is six years younger than club captain and goalkeeper Abdel-Wahid El-Sayed.
Mido has been working as a pundit for beIN Sports while hosting TV programs El Alamy and Mido Digital since his retirement.
Mido declined a managerial offer from Al Masry days before being appointed as the manager of the Whites – the club he launched his football career with.
Helmy Toulan was appointed as Zamalek’s head coach last summer and won the 2013 Egypt Cup title, but he only managed to lead the Whites to two victories from four matches played since the 2013/2014 Egyptian Premier League season kicked-off.
Zamalek currently sit 7 points behind group leaders Ismaily with the league set to resume after the 25th of January due to orders from the Ministry of Interior, amidst wide anticipation of riots taking place in the memory of the 2011 Egyptian revolution.