KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
Chelsea launch late €15m bid to snatch Salah from Liverpool
Chelsea have sent in a €15million plus bonuses bid for FC Basel’s 21-year-old Egyptian star Mohamed Salah, according to Sky Sports Italy reporter Gianluca Di Marzio.
The news of Chelsea increasing their initial €10million offer comes after widespread reports of the club accepting a £37million bid for Juan Mata, who is expected to complete a medical with Manchester United on Thursday.
José Mourinho praised Salah after the Egyptian international put in a MOTM performance and scored the only goal against his side in a 1-0 win for Basel in the UEFA Champions League. Salah also scored in the reverse fixture against the Blues earlier this season, and on his first visit to Stamford Bridge in the Europa League semi-final last season.
The Chelsea bid comes as unexpected turn of events as a KingFut source close to the player revealed that Salah is set to travel to Liverpool tomorrow, as Basel are said to have agreed on a transfer fee which is in the region of £10million.
This wouldn’t be the first time Mourinho hijacks a deal, as Chelsea signed Willian from Anzhi Makhachkala after the Brazilian forward completed a medical with Tottenham Hotspur in the summer.
Salah previously mentioned Chelsea as one of his favourite clubs, but also stated on several occasions that he does not want to go to a club where he won’t be guaranteed regular playing time.