Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Chelsea launch late €15m bid to snatch Salah from Liverpool
Chelsea have sent in a €15million plus bonuses bid for FC Basel’s 21-year-old Egyptian star Mohamed Salah, according to Sky Sports Italy reporter Gianluca Di Marzio.
The news of Chelsea increasing their initial €10million offer comes after widespread reports of the club accepting a £37million bid for Juan Mata, who is expected to complete a medical with Manchester United on Thursday.
José Mourinho praised Salah after the Egyptian international put in a MOTM performance and scored the only goal against his side in a 1-0 win for Basel in the UEFA Champions League. Salah also scored in the reverse fixture against the Blues earlier this season, and on his first visit to Stamford Bridge in the Europa League semi-final last season.
The Chelsea bid comes as unexpected turn of events as a KingFut source close to the player revealed that Salah is set to travel to Liverpool tomorrow, as Basel are said to have agreed on a transfer fee which is in the region of £10million.
This wouldn’t be the first time Mourinho hijacks a deal, as Chelsea signed Willian from Anzhi Makhachkala after the Brazilian forward completed a medical with Tottenham Hotspur in the summer.
Salah previously mentioned Chelsea as one of his favourite clubs, but also stated on several occasions that he does not want to go to a club where he won’t be guaranteed regular playing time.