Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
EXCLUSIVE: Salah set for Liverpool medical
The Reds have held numerous talks with Basel in recent weeks as they tried to agree on a fee for the 21-year-old Egyptian wonderkid Salah. Liverpool were unwilling to match Basel’s initial asking price of £18million, while Brendan Rodgers, Liverpool’s manager, was expected to bid £8million on the player this week.
Salah has attracted interest from big clubs all over Europe during this January transfer window, including the likes of Russian giants Zenit St. Petesburg, Turkish giants Galatasaray, Champions League runners-up Borussia Dortmund, Wolfsburg, and Atlético Madrid in Spain.
Two days ago, Newcastle United were also reportedly considering to hijack the Salah deal from Liverpool. However, according to a KingFut.com source close to the player, the Egyptian winger is expected to have his medical on Friday as a £10million fee has been agreed between Liverpool and the Swiss champions.
Liverpool are expected to officially unveil Salah as the first Egyptian to play for the Reds of Liverpool following the completion of his medical.