Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
EXCLUSIVE: Salah set for Liverpool medical
The Reds have held numerous talks with Basel in recent weeks as they tried to agree on a fee for the 21-year-old Egyptian wonderkid Salah. Liverpool were unwilling to match Basel’s initial asking price of £18million, while Brendan Rodgers, Liverpool’s manager, was expected to bid £8million on the player this week.
Salah has attracted interest from big clubs all over Europe during this January transfer window, including the likes of Russian giants Zenit St. Petesburg, Turkish giants Galatasaray, Champions League runners-up Borussia Dortmund, Wolfsburg, and Atlético Madrid in Spain.
Two days ago, Newcastle United were also reportedly considering to hijack the Salah deal from Liverpool. However, according to a KingFut.com source close to the player, the Egyptian winger is expected to have his medical on Friday as a £10million fee has been agreed between Liverpool and the Swiss champions.
Liverpool are expected to officially unveil Salah as the first Egyptian to play for the Reds of Liverpool following the completion of his medical.