Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
EXCLUSIVE: Salah set for Liverpool medical
The Reds have held numerous talks with Basel in recent weeks as they tried to agree on a fee for the 21-year-old Egyptian wonderkid Salah. Liverpool were unwilling to match Basel’s initial asking price of £18million, while Brendan Rodgers, Liverpool’s manager, was expected to bid £8million on the player this week.
Salah has attracted interest from big clubs all over Europe during this January transfer window, including the likes of Russian giants Zenit St. Petesburg, Turkish giants Galatasaray, Champions League runners-up Borussia Dortmund, Wolfsburg, and Atlético Madrid in Spain.
Two days ago, Newcastle United were also reportedly considering to hijack the Salah deal from Liverpool. However, according to a KingFut.com source close to the player, the Egyptian winger is expected to have his medical on Friday as a £10million fee has been agreed between Liverpool and the Swiss champions.
Liverpool are expected to officially unveil Salah as the first Egyptian to play for the Reds of Liverpool following the completion of his medical.