Al Ahly have defeated Kenyan side Prisons 3-0 in the quarter-finals of the African...
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
EXCLUSIVE: Salah set for Liverpool medical
The Reds have held numerous talks with Basel in recent weeks as they tried to agree on a fee for the 21-year-old Egyptian wonderkid Salah. Liverpool were unwilling to match Basel’s initial asking price of £18million, while Brendan Rodgers, Liverpool’s manager, was expected to bid £8million on the player this week.
Salah has attracted interest from big clubs all over Europe during this January transfer window, including the likes of Russian giants Zenit St. Petesburg, Turkish giants Galatasaray, Champions League runners-up Borussia Dortmund, Wolfsburg, and Atlético Madrid in Spain.
Two days ago, Newcastle United were also reportedly considering to hijack the Salah deal from Liverpool. However, according to a KingFut.com source close to the player, the Egyptian winger is expected to have his medical on Friday as a £10million fee has been agreed between Liverpool and the Swiss champions.
Liverpool are expected to officially unveil Salah as the first Egyptian to play for the Reds of Liverpool following the completion of his medical.