Egypt have been seeded in pot 3 for the 2017 Africa U-20...
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
EXCLUSIVE: Salah set for Liverpool medical
The Reds have held numerous talks with Basel in recent weeks as they tried to agree on a fee for the 21-year-old Egyptian wonderkid Salah. Liverpool were unwilling to match Basel’s initial asking price of £18million, while Brendan Rodgers, Liverpool’s manager, was expected to bid £8million on the player this week.
Salah has attracted interest from big clubs all over Europe during this January transfer window, including the likes of Russian giants Zenit St. Petesburg, Turkish giants Galatasaray, Champions League runners-up Borussia Dortmund, Wolfsburg, and Atlético Madrid in Spain.
Two days ago, Newcastle United were also reportedly considering to hijack the Salah deal from Liverpool. However, according to a KingFut.com source close to the player, the Egyptian winger is expected to have his medical on Friday as a £10million fee has been agreed between Liverpool and the Swiss champions.
Liverpool are expected to officially unveil Salah as the first Egyptian to play for the Reds of Liverpool following the completion of his medical.