Ghana and FC Schalke left-back Baba Rahman was ruled out of the African...
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
Dakhleya starlet Ahmed Samir impressing with Randers FC in Denmark
As mentioned on Sunday, El-Dakhleya’s Ahmed Samir, 19, was expected to travel to Denmark later that night to undergo a one-week trial with Randers FC, who play in the top-flight Danish Superliga Championship.
Samir, who was a crucial part of the Egypt U-20 side that were crowned Champions of Africa last March, linked up with Randers FC on Monday, and starred with the club in an internal practice match.
The Danish club are no longer pursuing Ghanaian left-back Jeremiah Arkorful, who was previously on trial, and are hoping the 19-year-old Egyptian will fill the void in the left side of their defense. However, Samir must pass his ‘actual exam’ first – in a friendly match against Aarhus Gymnastikforening (AGF).
Samir played as a left wing-back for the Egypt U-20 national team, but mainly plays as a right attacking midfielder for El-Dakhleya.
Its worth mentioning that Samir was set for a trial with FC Porto last summer, but El-Dakhleya refused to let him go as the Portuguese giants didn’t meet their valuation of the Egypt starlet.