Ghana FA vice president George Afriyie is pleased that Andre Ayew...
- INTERVIEW | Ahmad Fahmy – Fantasy Premier League’s current number one overall
- Ghana FA vice president announces readiness of Ayew and Asamoah for Egypt clash
- Mouscron coach: Trezeguet most talented player in our team
- Fabio Petruzzi: Salah added value to Roma
- Ghana’s David Accam confident of beating Egypt
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
Dakhleya starlet Ahmed Samir impressing with Randers FC in Denmark
As mentioned on Sunday, El-Dakhleya’s Ahmed Samir, 19, was expected to travel to Denmark later that night to undergo a one-week trial with Randers FC, who play in the top-flight Danish Superliga Championship.
Samir, who was a crucial part of the Egypt U-20 side that were crowned Champions of Africa last March, linked up with Randers FC on Monday, and starred with the club in an internal practice match.
The Danish club are no longer pursuing Ghanaian left-back Jeremiah Arkorful, who was previously on trial, and are hoping the 19-year-old Egyptian will fill the void in the left side of their defense. However, Samir must pass his ‘actual exam’ first – in a friendly match against Aarhus Gymnastikforening (AGF).
Samir played as a left wing-back for the Egypt U-20 national team, but mainly plays as a right attacking midfielder for El-Dakhleya.
Its worth mentioning that Samir was set for a trial with FC Porto last summer, but El-Dakhleya refused to let him go as the Portuguese giants didn’t meet their valuation of the Egypt starlet.