Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
OFFICIAL: Blues win chase for Salah as Chelsea agree fee with Basel
Chelsea have officially hijacked Liverpool’s deal for Egyptian international Mohamed Salah. The move is subject to Salah agreeing personal terms and completing a medical examination with the club.
The Blues were reported to have launched a €15million offer last night following widespread reports of the club accepting a £37million bid for Juan Mata, who is on the verge of completing a medical with Manchester United.
José Mourinho praised Salah after the Egyptian international put in a MOTM performance and scored the only goal against his side in a 1-0 win for Basel in the UEFA Champions League. Salah also scored in the reverse fixture against the Blues earlier this season, and on his first visit to Stamford Bridge in the Europa League semi-final last season.
Chelsea’s capture of Salah comes as unexpected turn of events as a KingFut source close to the player revealed the Egyptian was set to travel to Liverpool today, as Basel were said to have agreed on a transfer fee which was in the region of £10million.
This isn’t the first time Mourinho hijacks a deal, as Chelsea signed Willian from Anzhi Makhachkala after the Brazilian forward completed a medical with Tottenham Hotspur in the summer.
Salah mentioned the London-based side as one of his favourite clubs after he scored his third goal against them in just four appearances.
Chelsea are expected to officially unveil Salah as the first ever Egypt international to join one of the ‘Big 4’ clubs in England following the completion of his medical.