Al Ahly have completed the signing of Kilmarnock FC striker Souleymane Coulibaly...
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly sign Kilmarnock striker Souleymane Coulibaly
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
OFFICIAL: Blues win chase for Salah as Chelsea agree fee with Basel
Chelsea have officially hijacked Liverpool’s deal for Egyptian international Mohamed Salah. The move is subject to Salah agreeing personal terms and completing a medical examination with the club.
The Blues were reported to have launched a €15million offer last night following widespread reports of the club accepting a £37million bid for Juan Mata, who is on the verge of completing a medical with Manchester United.
José Mourinho praised Salah after the Egyptian international put in a MOTM performance and scored the only goal against his side in a 1-0 win for Basel in the UEFA Champions League. Salah also scored in the reverse fixture against the Blues earlier this season, and on his first visit to Stamford Bridge in the Europa League semi-final last season.
Chelsea’s capture of Salah comes as unexpected turn of events as a KingFut source close to the player revealed the Egyptian was set to travel to Liverpool today, as Basel were said to have agreed on a transfer fee which was in the region of £10million.
This isn’t the first time Mourinho hijacks a deal, as Chelsea signed Willian from Anzhi Makhachkala after the Brazilian forward completed a medical with Tottenham Hotspur in the summer.
Salah mentioned the London-based side as one of his favourite clubs after he scored his third goal against them in just four appearances.
Chelsea are expected to officially unveil Salah as the first ever Egypt international to join one of the ‘Big 4’ clubs in England following the completion of his medical.