Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
OFFICIAL: Blues win chase for Salah as Chelsea agree fee with Basel
Chelsea have officially hijacked Liverpool’s deal for Egyptian international Mohamed Salah. The move is subject to Salah agreeing personal terms and completing a medical examination with the club.
The Blues were reported to have launched a €15million offer last night following widespread reports of the club accepting a £37million bid for Juan Mata, who is on the verge of completing a medical with Manchester United.
José Mourinho praised Salah after the Egyptian international put in a MOTM performance and scored the only goal against his side in a 1-0 win for Basel in the UEFA Champions League. Salah also scored in the reverse fixture against the Blues earlier this season, and on his first visit to Stamford Bridge in the Europa League semi-final last season.
Chelsea’s capture of Salah comes as unexpected turn of events as a KingFut source close to the player revealed the Egyptian was set to travel to Liverpool today, as Basel were said to have agreed on a transfer fee which was in the region of £10million.
This isn’t the first time Mourinho hijacks a deal, as Chelsea signed Willian from Anzhi Makhachkala after the Brazilian forward completed a medical with Tottenham Hotspur in the summer.
Salah mentioned the London-based side as one of his favourite clubs after he scored his third goal against them in just four appearances.
Chelsea are expected to officially unveil Salah as the first ever Egypt international to join one of the ‘Big 4’ clubs in England following the completion of his medical.