Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
Dodo El-Gabas signs for French Ligue 2 side from Swindon Town
El-Gabas signs for French Ligue 2 side AC Arles-Avignon from Swindon Town, after only spending six months with the third division English club.
Mohamed ‘Dodo’ El-Gabas has officially signed for French side Arles-Avignon on a season-and-a-half-year deal, after impressing on a one-week trial with the Ligue 2 side – scoring a hat-trick in a 3-2 friendly win against US Marignane last weekend.
The 26-year-old Egyptian winger was on the look out for new club after he ended a short period with League One side Swindon Town, who he played for during the last six months after joining them in the summer.
During his time with the English team he didn’t have much playing time despite being chosen as Man of the Match on his only start for the club – in a Football League Trophy clash against Plymouth.
Mohamed El-Gabas was playing for the youth ranks of Al Masry at the age of 14, before being noticed by a youth scout from Newcastle. He played alongside goalkeeper Roy Carroll and now West Ham striker Andy Carroll during his time within Newcastle’s academy.
After playing for a year with Newcastle’s youth team, El-Gabas unfortunately failed to obtain a work permit and therefore was not able to sign a professional contract with the English Premier club. As a result, El-Gabas returned to his former Egyptian club Al-Masry, before he returned to Europe with Egyptian-owned Belgium team Lierse SK.
El-Gabas will wear the number 11 shirt with AC Arles-Avignon, who are currently sitting in eighth place in Ligue 2 – seven points away from RC Lens.