- Ferreira: Al-Sadd contacted me after Zamalek departure
- Helmy Toulan recommends Shehata for Zamalek job
- Kahraba: I didn’t ask to leave Zamalek
- Jacob Butterfield’s brace sinks Hull
- Mido: I don’t know what caused Ferreira to leave
- Ittihad draw in Egypt’s Adel Abdel-Rahman debut as manager
- Olympic team players confident ahead of Algeria clash
- El-Badry: I respect the Algerian national team
- VIDEO: Egypt-eligible Ismaël Blanco scores brace for Barcelona
- VIDEO: Ismaily draw against Club Africain in friendly
FIFA issues warning to Egyptian FA over government intervention
FIFA issued an official warning to the Egyptian FA over government intervention in football affairs on Saturday.
Football’s governing body FIFA has issued the warning and has given the Egyptian FA an ultimatum until the February 5th to stop all government intervention or else FIFA will be forced to ban Egypt from global football affairs.
This warning comes in the light of former Minister of Sports Taher Abou-Zeid’s decision to sack the Ahly board, a decision which was then overturned by Prime Minister Hazem El-Biblawy.
Egyptian FA media spokesman Azmi Megahed has said that Al Ahly’s board complained to FIFA about the sacking, and the FIFA responded by handing the FA an ultimatum.