- Abdallah Gomaa to bid farewell to Germany?
- Al Ahly’s Ramadan Sobhy denies ‘political’ celebration
- Al Ahly snatch late winner to beat Al-Nasr 2-1
- VIDEO: Morsi brace gives Zamalek three points in five-goal thriller
- Elmohamady makes 50th straight EPL start as Hull lose to Spurs
- VIDEO: El-Nenny assists Basel’s third in 3-0 league win
- VIDEO: Koka scores as Rio Ave beat Oliveirense in Portuguese Cup
- Al Ahly, Zamalek squads announced
- El-Shennawy’s injury to keep him out for 4-6 weeks
- EFA spokesman links Egypt’s AFCON elimination to Muslim Brotherhood
FIFA issues warning to Egyptian FA over government intervention
FIFA issued an official warning to the Egyptian FA over government intervention in football affairs on Saturday.
Football’s governing body FIFA has issued the warning and has given the Egyptian FA an ultimatum until the February 5th to stop all government intervention or else FIFA will be forced to ban Egypt from global football affairs.
This warning comes in the light of former Minister of Sports Taher Abou-Zeid’s decision to sack the Ahly board, a decision which was then overturned by Prime Minister Hazem El-Biblawy.
Egyptian FA media spokesman Azmi Megahed has said that Al Ahly’s board complained to FIFA about the sacking, and the FIFA responded by handing the FA an ultimatum.