Ittihad Of Alexandria defeated Alexandria rivals Smouha on Wednesday 3-2 to leap...
- Ittihad victorious in Alexandrian derby against Smouha
- Ethiopia’s Saladin Said signs for Al Ahly
- Emad Meteb arrested after a scuffle with a police officer
- Ismaily jump to second with win over Wadi Degla
- VIDEO: Zamalek dealt 4-2 loss by Petrojet in top-of-the-table clash
- VIDEO: Egypt-eligible Sabri Khattab scores excellent long-range lob in Norway
- El-Nenny’s Basel lose in Swiss Cup final
- Match Report: Al Ahly 1-0 Difaa El Jadida – Abdallah El-Said goal sees Red Devils win first leg
- Hull City 0-3 Arsenal: Elmo’s Tigers downed in FA Cup final preview
- Mourinho handed first-ever league loss at home against Sunderland
FIFA issues warning to Egyptian FA over government intervention
FIFA issued an official warning to the Egyptian FA over government intervention in football affairs on Saturday.
Football’s governing body FIFA has issued the warning and has given the Egyptian FA an ultimatum until the February 5th to stop all government intervention or else FIFA will be forced to ban Egypt from global football affairs.
This warning comes in the light of former Minister of Sports Taher Abou-Zeid’s decision to sack the Ahly board, a decision which was then overturned by Prime Minister Hazem El-Biblawy.
Egyptian FA media spokesman Azmi Megahed has said that Al Ahly’s board complained to FIFA about the sacking, and the FIFA responded by handing the FA an ultimatum.