- OFFICIAL: Contractors defender Mahmoud Ezzat joins Smouha
- OFFICIAL: Mahmoud ‘Kahraba’ signs for Zamalek
- Official: AEK reach agreement with Lierse over Karim Hafez
- VIDEO: El-Nenny’s FC Basel overcome Sion in Swiss Super League
- Sam Morsy scores winner as MK Dons retract offer
- VIDEO: Kahraba sparkles as Egypt thrash Uganda to book berth at CAF U-23 Championship
- EXCLUSIVE: No bids for Hull City star Elmohamady
- Salah: I can’t wait to start with Roma
- Petrojet appoint Egypt legend Ahmed Hassan as new manager
- Ismaily land Ghanaian Jebrin, Zika rejoins Contractors
FIFA issues warning to Egyptian FA over government intervention
FIFA issued an official warning to the Egyptian FA over government intervention in football affairs on Saturday.
Football’s governing body FIFA has issued the warning and has given the Egyptian FA an ultimatum until the February 5th to stop all government intervention or else FIFA will be forced to ban Egypt from global football affairs.
This warning comes in the light of former Minister of Sports Taher Abou-Zeid’s decision to sack the Ahly board, a decision which was then overturned by Prime Minister Hazem El-Biblawy.
Egyptian FA media spokesman Azmi Megahed has said that Al Ahly’s board complained to FIFA about the sacking, and the FIFA responded by handing the FA an ultimatum.