- Cairo Derby Preview: Zamalek vs. Al Ahly
- AFCON Day 10: Tunisia and DR Congo reach quarterfinals
- Mohamed Salah names 20-man Zamalek squad for 109th Cairo derby
- Ismaily talisman John Antwi finalizes move to Al Shabab
- AFCON Day 9: Congo, Equatorial Guinea qualify
- Report: Basel bid for Ahmed Hassan Koka
- Formats for 2017 AFCON, 2018 World Cup qualifiers revealed
- VIDEO: El-Nenny scores as FC Basel beat SC Freiburg 2-0
- AFCON Day 8: More draws as Group D remains tight
- French referee to take charge of Cairo Derby
FIFA issues warning to Egyptian FA over government intervention
FIFA issued an official warning to the Egyptian FA over government intervention in football affairs on Saturday.
Football’s governing body FIFA has issued the warning and has given the Egyptian FA an ultimatum until the February 5th to stop all government intervention or else FIFA will be forced to ban Egypt from global football affairs.
This warning comes in the light of former Minister of Sports Taher Abou-Zeid’s decision to sack the Ahly board, a decision which was then overturned by Prime Minister Hazem El-Biblawy.
Egyptian FA media spokesman Azmi Megahed has said that Al Ahly’s board complained to FIFA about the sacking, and the FIFA responded by handing the FA an ultimatum.