- VIDEO: Zamalek cruise past El-Gouna, momentarily go top
- Five new deals for Ittihad of Alexandria
- ES Setif defeat Western Sydney Wanderers on penalties to clinch fifth place
- Marwan Mohsen scores as Gil Vicente progress to cup quarter-finals
- Chievo, Freiburg and Bastia interested in Hegazy, Fiorentina won’t sell
- Zamalek anounce squad to face El-Gouna
- Salah unused as Chelsea progress to League Cup semi-final
- Al Ahly youngster Ramadan Sobhy on RB Leipzig’s radar – Report
- Sporting call up Rami Rabia for cup match
- Tarek Hamed ruled out for one month
FIFA issues warning to Egyptian FA over government intervention
FIFA issued an official warning to the Egyptian FA over government intervention in football affairs on Saturday.
Football’s governing body FIFA has issued the warning and has given the Egyptian FA an ultimatum until the February 5th to stop all government intervention or else FIFA will be forced to ban Egypt from global football affairs.
This warning comes in the light of former Minister of Sports Taher Abou-Zeid’s decision to sack the Ahly board, a decision which was then overturned by Prime Minister Hazem El-Biblawy.
Egyptian FA media spokesman Azmi Megahed has said that Al Ahly’s board complained to FIFA about the sacking, and the FIFA responded by handing the FA an ultimatum.