Egypt and Ethiopia have agreed to play an international friendly late next...
- Egypt to face Ethiopia in August friendly
- Ahmed Hassan rejects Ismaily coaching offer
- Official: Al Masry sign Wilson Akakpo, Smouha duo
- Elmohamady features for 45 minutes in Hull friendly
- Salah’s Chelsea spared blushes by late Boga strike in Austria friendly
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed refuses director role with Zamalek
- Mohamed Salah changes Chelsea kit number
- Gaafar signs for ENPPI despite contract renewal
- Porto sign Algeria’s Brahimi from Granada
- Mohamed Youssef appointed as coach of Iraqi side Al-Shorta
FIFA issues warning to Egyptian FA over government intervention
FIFA issued an official warning to the Egyptian FA over government intervention in football affairs on Saturday.
Football’s governing body FIFA has issued the warning and has given the Egyptian FA an ultimatum until the February 5th to stop all government intervention or else FIFA will be forced to ban Egypt from global football affairs.
This warning comes in the light of former Minister of Sports Taher Abou-Zeid’s decision to sack the Ahly board, a decision which was then overturned by Prime Minister Hazem El-Biblawy.
Egyptian FA media spokesman Azmi Megahed has said that Al Ahly’s board complained to FIFA about the sacking, and the FIFA responded by handing the FA an ultimatum.