- VIDEO: Ahly lose to Getafe on penalties
- Mido: Salah should stick to Totti
- Al Masry SC sign Palestinian goalkeeper Ramzi Saleh
- Hosni Abd-Rabo: Shikabala signing is a mistake
- Squad finalized as Egypt look to keep pace for AFCON 2017
- Salah included in Roma’s Champions League squad
- VIDEO: Egypt’s Bassiouny nets hattrick in Austria
- Libya against Cape Verde moved to Egypt
- Ivorian winger Max Gradel suffers ACL tear
- Official: Karim Hafez joins Cypriot side Omonia Nicosia on loan from Lierse
FIFA issues warning to Egyptian FA over government intervention
FIFA issued an official warning to the Egyptian FA over government intervention in football affairs on Saturday.
Football’s governing body FIFA has issued the warning and has given the Egyptian FA an ultimatum until the February 5th to stop all government intervention or else FIFA will be forced to ban Egypt from global football affairs.
This warning comes in the light of former Minister of Sports Taher Abou-Zeid’s decision to sack the Ahly board, a decision which was then overturned by Prime Minister Hazem El-Biblawy.
Egyptian FA media spokesman Azmi Megahed has said that Al Ahly’s board complained to FIFA about the sacking, and the FIFA responded by handing the FA an ultimatum.