- Official: Cameroon’s Song makes West Ham loan switch from Barcelona
- Hegazy called up as Fiorentina begin Serie A campaign against Roma
- George Leekens recalls Msakni in Tunisia’s 25-man selection
- Demba Ba returns as Senegal name 23-man squad for AFCON qualifiers
- Sherif Hazem takes part in first training session with Al Ahly following arrival of ITC
- Last gasp winner sends Koka’s Rio Ave through to Europa League group stages
- Elmohamady wins penalty as Hull City crash out of Europa League on away goals
- VIDEO: Ghazal nets first goal as Nacional eliminated from Europa League
- Kahraba features as Grasshoppers crash out of Europa League
- Pharaohs find out opponents as Champions League groups revealed
FIFA issues warning to Egyptian FA over government intervention
FIFA issued an official warning to the Egyptian FA over government intervention in football affairs on Saturday.
Football’s governing body FIFA has issued the warning and has given the Egyptian FA an ultimatum until the February 5th to stop all government intervention or else FIFA will be forced to ban Egypt from global football affairs.
This warning comes in the light of former Minister of Sports Taher Abou-Zeid’s decision to sack the Ahly board, a decision which was then overturned by Prime Minister Hazem El-Biblawy.
Egyptian FA media spokesman Azmi Megahed has said that Al Ahly’s board complained to FIFA about the sacking, and the FIFA responded by handing the FA an ultimatum.