- Zamalek announce squad for Orlando Pirates encounter
- Omar El-Hussieny’s Levadia eliminated from Champions League qualifiers
- Karim Hendawy rejoins Zamalek from Al Ahly on two-year deal
- Nabil Bentaleb signs new deal with Tottenham
- VIDEO: Zamalek maintain lead over Al Ahly with win over Ismaily
- VIDEO: Al Ahly down Al Masry 2-0 to secure second place
- OFFICIAL: Amro Tarek joins Real Betis
- Sousa on Salah: “It’s pointless to talk about him”
- Alberto Aquilani speaks about the Salah saga
- VOLLEYBALL: Egypt win Group 3 of the 2015 FIVB World League
FIFA issues warning to Egyptian FA over government intervention
FIFA issued an official warning to the Egyptian FA over government intervention in football affairs on Saturday.
Football’s governing body FIFA has issued the warning and has given the Egyptian FA an ultimatum until the February 5th to stop all government intervention or else FIFA will be forced to ban Egypt from global football affairs.
This warning comes in the light of former Minister of Sports Taher Abou-Zeid’s decision to sack the Ahly board, a decision which was then overturned by Prime Minister Hazem El-Biblawy.
Egyptian FA media spokesman Azmi Megahed has said that Al Ahly’s board complained to FIFA about the sacking, and the FIFA responded by handing the FA an ultimatum.