- VIDEO: Zakaria strikes again as Zamalek down Hossam Hassan’s Ittihad in Alexandria
- Six Pharaohs Abroad called up for final 2015 AFCON qualifiers, Gomaa excluded
- Al Ahly fine Hossam Ghaly 150,000 EGP for substitution refusal
- Emad Meteb handed suspended jail sentence
- Exclusive: Rami Rabia to join Olympic national team camp
- Marítimo sign young Egyptian Mohamed Mohsen
- VIDEO: Tala’a El-Gaish striker Arafa El-Sayed hits second consecutive hat-trick in Maqassa win
- Mourinho disappointed by Salah’s performance among others in Chelsea win
- Al Masry lose recently-signed Nigerian striker Minusu Buba to ACL injury
- VIDEO: Salah assists to help Chelsea through to League Cup quarters
FIFA issues warning to Egyptian FA over government intervention
FIFA issued an official warning to the Egyptian FA over government intervention in football affairs on Saturday.
Football’s governing body FIFA has issued the warning and has given the Egyptian FA an ultimatum until the February 5th to stop all government intervention or else FIFA will be forced to ban Egypt from global football affairs.
This warning comes in the light of former Minister of Sports Taher Abou-Zeid’s decision to sack the Ahly board, a decision which was then overturned by Prime Minister Hazem El-Biblawy.
Egyptian FA media spokesman Azmi Megahed has said that Al Ahly’s board complained to FIFA about the sacking, and the FIFA responded by handing the FA an ultimatum.