- Zamalek announce squad to face Tala’a El-Gaish
- VIDEO: Saleh Gomaa scores as Nacional draw with Braga
- Al Ahly overcome Coton Sport in CAF Confederation Cup semi-final first leg
- West Africa to host three consecutive AFCONs
- Newcastle United 2-2 Hull City – Elmo assists Jelavic’s stunning strike
- OPINION | Why Gharib must go & what went wrong for Egypt
- Egypt drop to 61 in September’s FIFA Ranking
- Salah left out as Chelsea draw at home against Schalke
- Video: Al Ahly fans celebrate Super Cup in Mokhtar El-Tetsh
- El-Nenny features as Real Madrid thrash Basel in Champions League opener
FIFA issues warning to Egyptian FA over government intervention
FIFA issued an official warning to the Egyptian FA over government intervention in football affairs on Saturday.
Football’s governing body FIFA has issued the warning and has given the Egyptian FA an ultimatum until the February 5th to stop all government intervention or else FIFA will be forced to ban Egypt from global football affairs.
This warning comes in the light of former Minister of Sports Taher Abou-Zeid’s decision to sack the Ahly board, a decision which was then overturned by Prime Minister Hazem El-Biblawy.
Egyptian FA media spokesman Azmi Megahed has said that Al Ahly’s board complained to FIFA about the sacking, and the FIFA responded by handing the FA an ultimatum.