Egyptian locals national team and Hany Ramzy face a tough period ahead as...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
FIFA issues warning to Egyptian FA over government intervention
FIFA issued an official warning to the Egyptian FA over government intervention in football affairs on Saturday.
Football’s governing body FIFA has issued the warning and has given the Egyptian FA an ultimatum until the February 5th to stop all government intervention or else FIFA will be forced to ban Egypt from global football affairs.
This warning comes in the light of former Minister of Sports Taher Abou-Zeid’s decision to sack the Ahly board, a decision which was then overturned by Prime Minister Hazem El-Biblawy.
Egyptian FA media spokesman Azmi Megahed has said that Al Ahly’s board complained to FIFA about the sacking, and the FIFA responded by handing the FA an ultimatum.