- 2011-14 Egyptian National Team: Egypt’s Worst Generation Ever?
- El-Shennawy’s injury to keep him out for 4-6 weeks
- EFA spokesman links Egypt’s AFCON elimination to Muslim Brotherhood
- Hassan Shehata: Difaâ El Jadida forced me out
- EXCLUSIVE: Al Ahly interested in Gouna’s Amro Tarek
- Mohamed Ibrahim: My time in Portugal has ended
- Egypt FA to decide Gharib’s fate Wednesday
- Hossam El-Badry: I will accept national team role if offered
- Egypt worst third, defending champions out as 16 AFCON teams confirmed
- Egypt fail to qualify to AFCON for third consecutive time
FIFA issues warning to Egyptian FA over government intervention
FIFA issued an official warning to the Egyptian FA over government intervention in football affairs on Saturday.
Football’s governing body FIFA has issued the warning and has given the Egyptian FA an ultimatum until the February 5th to stop all government intervention or else FIFA will be forced to ban Egypt from global football affairs.
This warning comes in the light of former Minister of Sports Taher Abou-Zeid’s decision to sack the Ahly board, a decision which was then overturned by Prime Minister Hazem El-Biblawy.
Egyptian FA media spokesman Azmi Megahed has said that Al Ahly’s board complained to FIFA about the sacking, and the FIFA responded by handing the FA an ultimatum.