Zamalek were able to overcome El Minya 4-0 on Thursday night at...
- VIDEO: Zamalek put four past struggling El Minya
- VIDEO: Ramadan Sobhy shines as Al Ahly U-17s thrash Brazil’s Botafogo 4-0 in friendly tournament
- Koka’s Rio Ave qualify for Portuguese Cup final with win over Braga
- VIDEO: El-Nenny scores first goal as FC Basel down FC Zürich
- Al Ahly top Group A with hard-fought win over Arab Contractors
- Exclusive: Nacional to ‘soon’ bid on Egypt duo Mahmoud Alaa and Ahmed Refaat
- EXCLUSIVE: Saladin Said yet to sign for Al Ahly, offers from ‘Egypt & abroad’
- Mourinho: Salah has potential to be a very exciting player
- Orlando Pirates not negotiating Oupa Manyisa sale
- Al Ahly ’97 side defeat Spanish giants Atlético Madrid
FIFA issues warning to Egyptian FA over government intervention
FIFA issued an official warning to the Egyptian FA over government intervention in football affairs on Saturday.
Football’s governing body FIFA has issued the warning and has given the Egyptian FA an ultimatum until the February 5th to stop all government intervention or else FIFA will be forced to ban Egypt from global football affairs.
This warning comes in the light of former Minister of Sports Taher Abou-Zeid’s decision to sack the Ahly board, a decision which was then overturned by Prime Minister Hazem El-Biblawy.
Egyptian FA media spokesman Azmi Megahed has said that Al Ahly’s board complained to FIFA about the sacking, and the FIFA responded by handing the FA an ultimatum.