Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour has banned striker Bassem Morsy indefinitely following the...
- Mortada Mansour suspends Bassem Morsy from Zamalek
- PREVIEW: Omar Gaber’s challenge for the 2015/2016 season
- Pierre Lechantre: Egypt is no longer a strong opponent
- EXCLUSIVE | ASEC accept Sundowns bid for Yannick Zakri
- EXCLUSIVE | Taher Mohamed undergoing trial at Le Havre
- Koka assists as Braga secure late draw against his former club
- Preview: Injury-plagued Al Ahly face ASEC Mimosas in dead rubber
- Preview: Big challenges ahead of Koka, Ghazal in Portugal
- Al Ahly host Ismaily, Zamalek face Entag in league opener
- Dominique Da Silva joins Cypriot First Division
FIFA issues warning to Egyptian FA over government intervention
FIFA issued an official warning to the Egyptian FA over government intervention in football affairs on Saturday.
Football’s governing body FIFA has issued the warning and has given the Egyptian FA an ultimatum until the February 5th to stop all government intervention or else FIFA will be forced to ban Egypt from global football affairs.
This warning comes in the light of former Minister of Sports Taher Abou-Zeid’s decision to sack the Ahly board, a decision which was then overturned by Prime Minister Hazem El-Biblawy.
Egyptian FA media spokesman Azmi Megahed has said that Al Ahly’s board complained to FIFA about the sacking, and the FIFA responded by handing the FA an ultimatum.