- Al Ahly continues negotiations with Evouna
- Port Said massacre verdict postponed to 9th of June
- EXCLUSIVE: Ahmed Refaat signs Zamalek pre-contract
- VIDEO: Khaled Kamar scores brace as Zamalek crush Ittihad El-Shorta
- VIDEO: Sobhy strikes late to see Al Ahly sink Ittihad of Alexandria
- EXCLUSIVE: Ahmed Hassan Koka signs for Benfica
- Mohamed Abdel-Shafy plays 90′ as Al Ahli exit Asian Champions League
- Mabrouk announces Al Ahly squad to face Ittihad of Alexandria
- Ferreira announces Zamalek squad to face Ittihad El-Shorta
- Hany Abou-Rida to be questioned over FIFA corruption
FIFA issues warning to Egyptian FA over government intervention
FIFA issued an official warning to the Egyptian FA over government intervention in football affairs on Saturday.
Football’s governing body FIFA has issued the warning and has given the Egyptian FA an ultimatum until the February 5th to stop all government intervention or else FIFA will be forced to ban Egypt from global football affairs.
This warning comes in the light of former Minister of Sports Taher Abou-Zeid’s decision to sack the Ahly board, a decision which was then overturned by Prime Minister Hazem El-Biblawy.
Egyptian FA media spokesman Azmi Megahed has said that Al Ahly’s board complained to FIFA about the sacking, and the FIFA responded by handing the FA an ultimatum.