- Al Ahly left-back Hussein El-Sayed ruled out for a month
- OPINION: In defence of Al Ahly manager Juan Carlos Garrido
- Mokhtar Mokhtar pens Al Masry contract
- Al Masry goalkeeper Ahmed Masoud moved to ICU
- Algeria Ligue 1: All 16 clubs still in title race
- Post match-comments: Garrido remains as Al Ahly coach
- Al Ahly dealt further blow to Egyptian league chances with loss to Contractors
- VIDEO: Zamalek go seven points clear with Haras El-Hodood win
- EXCLUSIVE: Ahmed Soliman quits Zamalek
- Karim Hafez scores as Lierse win to avoid direct relegation
FIFA issues warning to Egyptian FA over government intervention
FIFA issued an official warning to the Egyptian FA over government intervention in football affairs on Saturday.
Football’s governing body FIFA has issued the warning and has given the Egyptian FA an ultimatum until the February 5th to stop all government intervention or else FIFA will be forced to ban Egypt from global football affairs.
This warning comes in the light of former Minister of Sports Taher Abou-Zeid’s decision to sack the Ahly board, a decision which was then overturned by Prime Minister Hazem El-Biblawy.
Egyptian FA media spokesman Azmi Megahed has said that Al Ahly’s board complained to FIFA about the sacking, and the FIFA responded by handing the FA an ultimatum.