- Ludogorets break Basel hearts in stoppage time
- Al Ahly and Ismaily play out goalless stalemate in 104th Cairo-Ismailia Derby
- Salah left out as Chelsea thrash Maribor to record biggest UCL win
- PREVIEW: Al Ahly vs Ismaily – Old foes reunite in El-Gouna
- Egypt’s Nations Cup qualifier with Senegal pushed back
- Pacheco: I know Zamalek’s exact problem & I will fix it
- Hegazy to leave Fiorentina in January on loan? – Report
- Zamalek stall as Wadi Degla stand firm
- VIDEO: Mohsen scores first goal with every Egyptian progressing in the Portuguese Cup
- Zürich defeat Kahraba’s Grasshoppers 3-1
FIFA issues warning to Egyptian FA over government intervention
FIFA issued an official warning to the Egyptian FA over government intervention in football affairs on Saturday.
Football’s governing body FIFA has issued the warning and has given the Egyptian FA an ultimatum until the February 5th to stop all government intervention or else FIFA will be forced to ban Egypt from global football affairs.
This warning comes in the light of former Minister of Sports Taher Abou-Zeid’s decision to sack the Ahly board, a decision which was then overturned by Prime Minister Hazem El-Biblawy.
Egyptian FA media spokesman Azmi Megahed has said that Al Ahly’s board complained to FIFA about the sacking, and the FIFA responded by handing the FA an ultimatum.