- Demba Ba ruled out of Egypt clash
- Mokhtar brothers join Portuguese club Feirense
- Morocco’s Oussama Assaidi returns to Stoke City on loan from Liverpool
- KingFut’s Top 25 Egypt Matches Ever: 1-5
- Koka features as Rio Ave’s perfect league start continues with thrashing of Boavista
- Southampton terminate loan of Algeria’s Taïder, Sassuolo swoop
- Mortada Mansour hits out at Omar Gaber
- Official: Mohamed Ibrahim joins Portuguese side CS Marítimo from Zamalek
- VIDEO: Egypt fail to reach African U-20 Championship despite Congo win
- VIDEO: El-Nenny’s top-ranked FC Basel defeat Young Boys 3-1
FIFA issues warning to Egyptian FA over government intervention
FIFA issued an official warning to the Egyptian FA over government intervention in football affairs on Saturday.
Football’s governing body FIFA has issued the warning and has given the Egyptian FA an ultimatum until the February 5th to stop all government intervention or else FIFA will be forced to ban Egypt from global football affairs.
This warning comes in the light of former Minister of Sports Taher Abou-Zeid’s decision to sack the Ahly board, a decision which was then overturned by Prime Minister Hazem El-Biblawy.
Egyptian FA media spokesman Azmi Megahed has said that Al Ahly’s board complained to FIFA about the sacking, and the FIFA responded by handing the FA an ultimatum.