- VIDEO: Hamoudi makes Champions League debut as Basel beat Liverpool
- VIDEO: Abdel-Shafy bids farewell as Zamalek play out another scoreless draw
- VIDEO: Ismaily snatch 3 points from Petrojet with late comeback
- Garrido announces Al Ahly squad list for first league match
- VIDEO: Salah features late on as Chelsea edge Sporting
- VIDEO: Tala’a El-Gaish complete dramatic comeback against Smouha
- Badry announces Egyptian Olympic team squad for Ghana friendly
- Official: Zamalek loan Abdel-Shafy to Al-Ahli Jeddah
- VIDEO: Ezzat and Gomaa start as Nacional lose to Setubal
- Al Ahly progress to CAF Confederation Cup final with win over Coton Sport
FIFA issues warning to Egyptian FA over government intervention
FIFA issued an official warning to the Egyptian FA over government intervention in football affairs on Saturday.
Football’s governing body FIFA has issued the warning and has given the Egyptian FA an ultimatum until the February 5th to stop all government intervention or else FIFA will be forced to ban Egypt from global football affairs.
This warning comes in the light of former Minister of Sports Taher Abou-Zeid’s decision to sack the Ahly board, a decision which was then overturned by Prime Minister Hazem El-Biblawy.
Egyptian FA media spokesman Azmi Megahed has said that Al Ahly’s board complained to FIFA about the sacking, and the FIFA responded by handing the FA an ultimatum.