- Out of the Blue: Smouha overturn odds to defeat Al-Ahli Tripoli
- Sam Morsy captains his side to victory with a goal
- Hegazy sent off as Perugia secure 2-1 win
- Gomez: ‘Salah is a great player’, more playing options with him
- Salah’s Fiorentina to face Roma in Europa League round of 16
- Montella: Salah is devastating, Chelsea have high hopes
- Egypt FA reverses course again, claims new coach will be foreigner
- VIDEO: Salah strikes again as Fiorentina knock Spurs out of Europa League
- VIDEO: Al Ahly retired midfielder Barakat visits FC Barcelona
- INFOGRAPHIC: El-Nenny covers most ground in UEFA Champions League
FIFA issues warning to Egyptian FA over government intervention
FIFA issued an official warning to the Egyptian FA over government intervention in football affairs on Saturday.
Football’s governing body FIFA has issued the warning and has given the Egyptian FA an ultimatum until the February 5th to stop all government intervention or else FIFA will be forced to ban Egypt from global football affairs.
This warning comes in the light of former Minister of Sports Taher Abou-Zeid’s decision to sack the Ahly board, a decision which was then overturned by Prime Minister Hazem El-Biblawy.
Egyptian FA media spokesman Azmi Megahed has said that Al Ahly’s board complained to FIFA about the sacking, and the FIFA responded by handing the FA an ultimatum.