Alex McLeish’s agent has denied all claims of problems between his client...
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent denies Alex McLeish departure rumors
- VOLLEYBALL: Zamalek defeat Tala’a El-Gaish to clinch Egypt Cup
- Ghazal injured as Arouca down Nacional 3-0
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent denies Al Ahly remarks regarding Trezeguet
- Elneny wins Swiss League title with Basel
- ENPPI sign Dakhleya’s Agbettor on free transfer
- Elneny: Petr Cech is one of the most important players
- Basketball: Al Ahly crowned Super League champions
- Volleyball: Al Ahly women beat Tunisia’s Carthage to retain African title
- USM Alger seal Ligue 1 title, condem opponents to relegation
FIFA issues warning to Egyptian FA over government intervention
FIFA issued an official warning to the Egyptian FA over government intervention in football affairs on Saturday.
Football’s governing body FIFA has issued the warning and has given the Egyptian FA an ultimatum until the February 5th to stop all government intervention or else FIFA will be forced to ban Egypt from global football affairs.
This warning comes in the light of former Minister of Sports Taher Abou-Zeid’s decision to sack the Ahly board, a decision which was then overturned by Prime Minister Hazem El-Biblawy.
Egyptian FA media spokesman Azmi Megahed has said that Al Ahly’s board complained to FIFA about the sacking, and the FIFA responded by handing the FA an ultimatum.