Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
- SQUASH: 10 Egyptians advance to second round of Windy City Open
Salah passes medical in Paris ahead of imminent Chelsea move
21-year-old Mohamed Salah’s move to Chelsea now looks imminent as the medical was completed in Paris and the player is expected to sign a contract within the coming hours, Esportana report.
Swiss league champions FC Basel and the Europa League winners Chelsea reached an agreement over Salah’s transfer last Thursday. Despite that, Liverpool – who were leading the race for Salah’s signature before Chelsea stepped in – still have not given up on signing the Egyptian winger, according to the Reds’ boss Brendan Rodgers.
Salah departed from Zurich on Friday morning to have his medical examination in Paris, which he passed in the evening. The Egyptian winger returned to Switzerland right after where he awaits on his visa and work permit’s arrival before traveling to London.
The Egyptian couldn’t undergo a medical in London as he’s a non-EU player, but Salah is expected to sign a five-year contract with Chelsea ‘within the coming hours’.
It should be noted that Salah will be attending the SFL Award Night on Monday in Switzerland as he is a candidate for the ‘My Player of 2013’ along with Valentin Stocker (FC Basel) and Roman Bürki (Grasshopper Club). The winner is given to the player with the most votes collected by blick.ch over the past few days.
Salah has already been named the Swiss Golden Player for 2013 after his outstanding debut season.
Once he is officially unveiled by Chelsea in London, he will become the first-ever Egyptian international to join one of the ‘Big Four’ clubs of the English Premier League.