Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Salah passes medical in Paris ahead of imminent Chelsea move
21-year-old Mohamed Salah’s move to Chelsea now looks imminent as the medical was completed in Paris and the player is expected to sign a contract within the coming hours, Esportana report.
Swiss league champions FC Basel and the Europa League winners Chelsea reached an agreement over Salah’s transfer last Thursday. Despite that, Liverpool – who were leading the race for Salah’s signature before Chelsea stepped in – still have not given up on signing the Egyptian winger, according to the Reds’ boss Brendan Rodgers.
Salah departed from Zurich on Friday morning to have his medical examination in Paris, which he passed in the evening. The Egyptian winger returned to Switzerland right after where he awaits on his visa and work permit’s arrival before traveling to London.
The Egyptian couldn’t undergo a medical in London as he’s a non-EU player, but Salah is expected to sign a five-year contract with Chelsea ‘within the coming hours’.
It should be noted that Salah will be attending the SFL Award Night on Monday in Switzerland as he is a candidate for the ‘My Player of 2013’ along with Valentin Stocker (FC Basel) and Roman Bürki (Grasshopper Club). The winner is given to the player with the most votes collected by blick.ch over the past few days.
Salah has already been named the Swiss Golden Player for 2013 after his outstanding debut season.
Once he is officially unveiled by Chelsea in London, he will become the first-ever Egyptian international to join one of the ‘Big Four’ clubs of the English Premier League.