ENPPI and Egypt midfielder Salah Soliman has been ruled out of Monday’s local national...
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
Salah passes medical in Paris ahead of imminent Chelsea move
21-year-old Mohamed Salah’s move to Chelsea now looks imminent as the medical was completed in Paris and the player is expected to sign a contract within the coming hours, Esportana report.
Swiss league champions FC Basel and the Europa League winners Chelsea reached an agreement over Salah’s transfer last Thursday. Despite that, Liverpool – who were leading the race for Salah’s signature before Chelsea stepped in – still have not given up on signing the Egyptian winger, according to the Reds’ boss Brendan Rodgers.
Salah departed from Zurich on Friday morning to have his medical examination in Paris, which he passed in the evening. The Egyptian winger returned to Switzerland right after where he awaits on his visa and work permit’s arrival before traveling to London.
The Egyptian couldn’t undergo a medical in London as he’s a non-EU player, but Salah is expected to sign a five-year contract with Chelsea ‘within the coming hours’.
It should be noted that Salah will be attending the SFL Award Night on Monday in Switzerland as he is a candidate for the ‘My Player of 2013’ along with Valentin Stocker (FC Basel) and Roman Bürki (Grasshopper Club). The winner is given to the player with the most votes collected by blick.ch over the past few days.
Salah has already been named the Swiss Golden Player for 2013 after his outstanding debut season.
Once he is officially unveiled by Chelsea in London, he will become the first-ever Egyptian international to join one of the ‘Big Four’ clubs of the English Premier League.