AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Chelsea’s Mourinho confirms Mohamed Salah signing
English reports were doing the rounds last night about Liverpool upping their bid to hijack Salah’s move from FC Basel to Chelsea, but after the sale of Juan Mata to Manchester United, the Egyptian winger’s Chelsea move was confirmed by manager José Mourinho in his pre-Stoke interview on Sunday.
Mourinho was asked on ITV if Salah’s move to Chelsea is complete, to which he replied “yes”, confirming the imminent arrival of the 21-year-old Egyptian star to Stamford Bridge for a fee in the region of £11 million.
As was reported on KingFut.com yesterday, Salah passed his medical in Paris and is waiting for his visa and a work permit before moving to London.
Once he completes his move to Chelsea, he’ll be the first Egypt international to play for one of the ‘Big Four’ in England.
It should be noted that Salah will be attending the SFL Award Night on Monday in Switzerland as he is a candidate for the ‘My Player of 2013′ along with Valentin Stocker (FC Basel) and Roman Bürki (Grasshopper Club).
Salah has already been named the Swiss Golden Player for 2013 after his outstanding debut season.