Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal has stressed that Egypt manager Hector Cuper...
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
Official: Mohamed Salah signs for Chelsea
21-year-old Salah signed a five-and-a-half-year contract with Chelsea on Sunday, tying him to the club till summer 2019.
Mohamed Salah joins from Swiss champions FC Basel for a fee in the region of £11 million, which makes him the most expensive Egyptian player of all time.
On signing for Chelsea, Salah said: “I’m very happy to sign for such a big club. I hope I can make the Chelsea supporters happy.”
Jose Mourinho had already confirmed the signing prior to Chelsea’s FA Cup clash with Stoke City on Sunday afternoon.
After the match, Jose smiled when he said: “First of all, he [Salah] scores against Chelsea.”
“Salah is the kind of player that looks for space and tries to get in behind, so we think it’s a good decision,” he added.
Mohamed Salah becomes the first-ever Egyptian to sign for Chelsea and the 9th to join a club in the English Premier League.
Salah will wear the number 15 jersey with Chelsea, which was previously worn by Kevin De Bruyne and Florent Malouda.