Egypt have been seeded in pot 3 for the 2017 Africa U-20...
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
Official: Mohamed Salah signs for Chelsea
21-year-old Salah signed a five-and-a-half-year contract with Chelsea on Sunday, tying him to the club till summer 2019.
Mohamed Salah joins from Swiss champions FC Basel for a fee in the region of £11 million, which makes him the most expensive Egyptian player of all time.
On signing for Chelsea, Salah said: “I’m very happy to sign for such a big club. I hope I can make the Chelsea supporters happy.”
Jose Mourinho had already confirmed the signing prior to Chelsea’s FA Cup clash with Stoke City on Sunday afternoon.
After the match, Jose smiled when he said: “First of all, he [Salah] scores against Chelsea.”
“Salah is the kind of player that looks for space and tries to get in behind, so we think it’s a good decision,” he added.
Mohamed Salah becomes the first-ever Egyptian to sign for Chelsea and the 9th to join a club in the English Premier League.
Salah will wear the number 15 jersey with Chelsea, which was previously worn by Kevin De Bruyne and Florent Malouda.