Al Ahly football manager Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced the team’s CAF Champions League...
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Sam Morsy features, Lierse draw
- Zamalek and Ismaily handed transfer bans
Shabana leads Churchill Brothers to historic Indian FA Cup title
Former Al Ahly midfielder Abdelhamid Shabana led Churchill Brothers to their first-ever Indian FA Cup title on Saturday.
Abdelhamid Shabana, who has been a key player since joining Churchill Brothers from Al Ahly in December, won his first piece of silverware with the Indian club at the Nehru Stadium on Saturday.
The Egyptian midfielder scored in his side’s 3-1 win over Sporting Clube de Goa in the final of the Federation Cup, which is the country’s alternative of the FA Cup.
28-year-old Shabana, who’s provided the defending I-League champions with much creativity in the midfield, intercepted a through ball from Goa before he fired home his fourth goal of the season.
Shabana also had a shot on goal parried onto the post by the opposing keeper in the first half.
This was the first-ever Federation Cup title for Churchill Brothers, who are languishing at the bottom of the table in the I-League.