Al Masry have renewed Hossam Hassan’s contract as he continues to manage...
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
Shabana leads Churchill Brothers to historic Indian FA Cup title
Abdelhamid Shabana, who has been a key player since joining Churchill Brothers from Al Ahly in December, won his first piece of silverware with the Indian club at the Nehru Stadium on Saturday.
The Egyptian midfielder scored in his side’s 3-1 win over Sporting Clube de Goa in the final of the Federation Cup, which is the country’s alternative of the FA Cup.
28-year-old Shabana, who’s provided the defending I-League champions with much creativity in the midfield, intercepted a through ball from Goa before he fired home his fourth goal of the season.
Shabana also had a shot on goal parried onto the post by the opposing keeper in the first half.
This was the first-ever Federation Cup title for Churchill Brothers, who are languishing at the bottom of the table in the I-League.