Egypt international Mahmoud Trezeguet featured for Royal Mouscron as they suffered a...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
Shabana leads Churchill Brothers to historic Indian FA Cup title
Abdelhamid Shabana, who has been a key player since joining Churchill Brothers from Al Ahly in December, won his first piece of silverware with the Indian club at the Nehru Stadium on Saturday.
The Egyptian midfielder scored in his side’s 3-1 win over Sporting Clube de Goa in the final of the Federation Cup, which is the country’s alternative of the FA Cup.
28-year-old Shabana, who’s provided the defending I-League champions with much creativity in the midfield, intercepted a through ball from Goa before he fired home his fourth goal of the season.
Shabana also had a shot on goal parried onto the post by the opposing keeper in the first half.
This was the first-ever Federation Cup title for Churchill Brothers, who are languishing at the bottom of the table in the I-League.