Ghana who have been without a coach since Avram Grant’s depature could...
- Italian coach Fabrizio Ravanelli linked with Black Stars job
- SQUASH: An All Egyptian Women Final in Windy City Open Squash
- Egypt U-20 National Team draw second game in a row at AFCON
- Ghana: World Cup hopes destroyed with Grant
- CAF to honor former Al Ahly chairman Hassan Hamdy
- EXCLUSIVE: Sam Morsy called up to Egypt squad
- Egypt court sentences 4 Ultras Ahlawy members to 15 years in prison
- Elneny speaks about his first Arsenal start against Spurs
- Stoke chairman excuses Ramadan from criticism after Spurs defeat
- Mohamed Ashraf scores as El-Gaish down Al Masry
Shabana leads Churchill Brothers to historic Indian FA Cup title
Abdelhamid Shabana, who has been a key player since joining Churchill Brothers from Al Ahly in December, won his first piece of silverware with the Indian club at the Nehru Stadium on Saturday.
The Egyptian midfielder scored in his side’s 3-1 win over Sporting Clube de Goa in the final of the Federation Cup, which is the country’s alternative of the FA Cup.
28-year-old Shabana, who’s provided the defending I-League champions with much creativity in the midfield, intercepted a through ball from Goa before he fired home his fourth goal of the season.
Shabana also had a shot on goal parried onto the post by the opposing keeper in the first half.
This was the first-ever Federation Cup title for Churchill Brothers, who are languishing at the bottom of the table in the I-League.