Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Basel president: Salah was wanted by many European giants
‘The Egyptian Messi’ was a talisman for Basel, especially against English clubs as he scored 4 goals in 6 games against Chelsea FC and Tottenham Hotspur, and he was known to be courted by both clubs.
Heusler told TMW: “There were numerous contacts with many European teams, but none have been as clear and decisive as Chelsea.”
He then talked about the offer from Chelsea: “When one of the five most important clubs in the world shows a major contract to our player and at the same time makes a generous offer to our club, it is not realistic to say no.”
About releasing him from the club he said: “We have not sold Salah because we needed money – we only allowed him to realise his dream of playing for one of the best clubs in the Premier League.”
In addition to that, Salah helped the club reach the Europa League semi-finals but they were eliminated by his future employers. He also led the team to the current season’s Champions League group stage before they were eliminated after finishing third best in their group.
On a personal record, Salah was chosen as the best player in Switzerland in 2013.