Egyptian legend Essam El-Hadary has been transfer-listed by Wadi Degla after reported...
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
Basel president: Salah was wanted by many European giants
‘The Egyptian Messi’ was a talisman for Basel, especially against English clubs as he scored 4 goals in 6 games against Chelsea FC and Tottenham Hotspur, and he was known to be courted by both clubs.
Heusler told TMW: “There were numerous contacts with many European teams, but none have been as clear and decisive as Chelsea.”
He then talked about the offer from Chelsea: “When one of the five most important clubs in the world shows a major contract to our player and at the same time makes a generous offer to our club, it is not realistic to say no.”
About releasing him from the club he said: “We have not sold Salah because we needed money – we only allowed him to realise his dream of playing for one of the best clubs in the Premier League.”
In addition to that, Salah helped the club reach the Europa League semi-finals but they were eliminated by his future employers. He also led the team to the current season’s Champions League group stage before they were eliminated after finishing third best in their group.
On a personal record, Salah was chosen as the best player in Switzerland in 2013.