Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Dominque Da Silva joins Zamalek to become Mido’s first signing
Dominique Da Silva has become Mido’s first signing since the former Tottenham striker took over as Zamalek manager, joining the Whites from arch rivals Al Ahly on a one-year deal on Monday.
The Mauritanian national team captain passed his medical examination and agreed terms with Zamalek on Sunday, before officially joining the club on a free transfer.
It should be noted that Dominique Da Silva recently terminated his contract with Zamalek’s arch rivals Al Ahly, due to a lack of playing time. He was also excluded from Ahly’s African Champions League squad.
Da Silva, aged 24, is known to have had numerous injuries that would keep him on the sidelines for long periods of time. However, Dominique is a striker with great strength and speed, making him a threat to defenses in the Egyptian Premier League.