KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
Dominque Da Silva joins Zamalek to become Mido’s first signing
Dominique Da Silva has become Mido’s first signing since the former Tottenham striker took over as Zamalek manager, joining the Whites from arch rivals Al Ahly on a one-year deal on Monday.
The Mauritanian national team captain passed his medical examination and agreed terms with Zamalek on Sunday, before officially joining the club on a free transfer.
It should be noted that Dominique Da Silva recently terminated his contract with Zamalek’s arch rivals Al Ahly, due to a lack of playing time. He was also excluded from Ahly’s African Champions League squad.
Da Silva, aged 24, is known to have had numerous injuries that would keep him on the sidelines for long periods of time. However, Dominique is a striker with great strength and speed, making him a threat to defenses in the Egyptian Premier League.