The FIFA Ethics committee has announced bans on various African football officials at both...
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
Dominque Da Silva joins Zamalek to become Mido’s first signing
Dominique Da Silva has become Mido’s first signing since the former Tottenham striker took over as Zamalek manager, joining the Whites from arch rivals Al Ahly on a one-year deal on Monday.
The Mauritanian national team captain passed his medical examination and agreed terms with Zamalek on Sunday, before officially joining the club on a free transfer.
It should be noted that Dominique Da Silva recently terminated his contract with Zamalek’s arch rivals Al Ahly, due to a lack of playing time. He was also excluded from Ahly’s African Champions League squad.
Da Silva, aged 24, is known to have had numerous injuries that would keep him on the sidelines for long periods of time. However, Dominique is a striker with great strength and speed, making him a threat to defenses in the Egyptian Premier League.