Zamalek were held to a goalless draw against Tanta in gameweek 26...
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
Shikabala declines Gaziantepspor offer
The Gaziantep based club were all set to sign the playmaker in the current transfer window with wide reports that the player was on his way to Turkey, but has finally declined the Turkish club’s offer as he seems to be holding out for a better move.
Speaking to Ahram, Abdel-Tawab retaliated his client’s will to sign for a better European club.
“Actually, it has nothing to do with the offer itself, but it’s rather his wish to play for a decent European side,” Samir Abdel-Tawab stated
It is worth nothing that Shikabala requested his contract with Zamalek to be annulled. This was due to the fact that he did not receive his wages from last season.
It was was reported that current Zamalek coach Ahmed Hossam “Mido” tried to convince Shikabala to stay at Zamalek. However, Mido’s trials with the player has failed as Shikabala is thought to have made up his mind about Zamalek and consequently said no to his former teammates’ request, therefor deciding to leave the club.
As a result, Shikabala has asked his agent to look for offers from clubs in the Middle East and in Europe.
According to Haitham Orabi of Esportana, Shikabala is said to have three offers on the table including one from a club playing in the Champions league, while another offers comes from Ukraine.
The Egyptian playmaker, 27, has played for two other clubs including, POAK of Greece and Al Wasl in UAE. Shikabala joined PAOK from Zamalek at the age of 16 as a result of Zamalek’s failure to give the player a professional contract while also plied his trade under Diego Armando Maradona-managed Al Wasl last season on loan from Zamalek.