Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Metab would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Brendan Rodgers: Missing out on Salah was difficult to take
Liverpool’s scouts and Brendan Rodgers scouted the Egyptian winger for a long time, months before Chelsea hijacked their deal and signed the 21 year-old Egyptian for a reported initial fee of £11million.
Asked why didn’t his club meet Basel’s financial demands to land the Egyptian wonderkid, Rodgers replied: “That’s for the money guys to decide that – the construction of the whole deal with the player, the agent and Basel as a football club.”
He quickly added: “It was deemed in this case that we couldn’t do a deal, Chelsea could and the boy went there. Everyone knew he was a very good player but it’s gone. The club did everything they felt possible to get a deal but it wasn’t to be.”
Brendan Rodgers concluded his comments on Salah by saying: “That’s something that is out of my control. We can identify the players that we want to bring in and we hope we can get them in. If we can the club will do everything possible to match the value of the player. If they end up going to another club that is difficult to take. But you can’t worry about it, you’ve just got to keep looking forward.”
It’s well worth mentioning that Mohamed Salah is the first Egyptian to join the Chelsea FC ranks, and is currently the most expensive Egyptian player, and the 3rd most expensive Arab one.