Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha was nominated for the CAF 2016 Referee of...
- Hughes talks Ramadan Sobhi, defeat against Arsenal
- Gerisha nominated for CAF Best Referee of the Year Award
- Sobhi nominated for GloCAF Most Promising Talent
- Zamalek nominated for CAF Club of the Year award
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
Chelsea new boy Mohamed Salah wins RSL Best Player award
Egyptian winger Mohamed Salah won the RSL Best Player award on Monday night, for his stunning performances in the Swiss league during 2013.
Chelsea’s latest signing Mohamed Salah was named the Raiffeisen Super League’s Best Player of 2013 at the SFL Award Night on Monday.
Salah was not able to attend the event as he is currently in Spain, but he received photos via WhatsApp from Basel chairman Bernhard Heusler, who attended the award ceremony and picked up the prize in Salah’s place.
21-year-old Salah was also voted the ‘My Player 2013’, proving to be a fan-favourite among the Swiss fans.
By scoring a number of decisive goals and providing numerous assists, the Chelsea-bound Salah helped Basel win the Swiss Super League during the 2012/2013 season. He also helped the Swiss champions reach the Europa League semi-finals last year.
It should be noted that Salah was also crowned the ‘Swiss Golden Player’ last December following his excellent debut season in Switzerland.