The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
Chelsea new boy Mohamed Salah wins RSL Best Player award
Egyptian winger Mohamed Salah won the RSL Best Player award on Monday night, for his stunning performances in the Swiss league during 2013.
Chelsea’s latest signing Mohamed Salah was named the Raiffeisen Super League’s Best Player of 2013 at the SFL Award Night on Monday.
Salah was not able to attend the event as he is currently in Spain, but he received photos via WhatsApp from Basel chairman Bernhard Heusler, who attended the award ceremony and picked up the prize in Salah’s place.
21-year-old Salah was also voted the ‘My Player 2013’, proving to be a fan-favourite among the Swiss fans.
By scoring a number of decisive goals and providing numerous assists, the Chelsea-bound Salah helped Basel win the Swiss Super League during the 2012/2013 season. He also helped the Swiss champions reach the Europa League semi-finals last year.
It should be noted that Salah was also crowned the ‘Swiss Golden Player’ last December following his excellent debut season in Switzerland.