Al Ahly football manager Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced the team’s CAF Champions League...
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Sam Morsy features, Lierse draw
- Zamalek and Ismaily handed transfer bans
Chelsea new boy Mohamed Salah wins RSL Best Player award
Egyptian winger Mohamed Salah won the RSL Best Player award on Monday night, for his stunning performances in the Swiss league during 2013.
Chelsea’s latest signing Mohamed Salah was named the Raiffeisen Super League’s Best Player of 2013 at the SFL Award Night on Monday.
Salah was not able to attend the event as he is currently in Spain, but he received photos via WhatsApp from Basel chairman Bernhard Heusler, who attended the award ceremony and picked up the prize in Salah’s place.
21-year-old Salah was also voted the ‘My Player 2013’, proving to be a fan-favourite among the Swiss fans.
By scoring a number of decisive goals and providing numerous assists, the Chelsea-bound Salah helped Basel win the Swiss Super League during the 2012/2013 season. He also helped the Swiss champions reach the Europa League semi-finals last year.
It should be noted that Salah was also crowned the ‘Swiss Golden Player’ last December following his excellent debut season in Switzerland.