Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Factory of Chairs 2.0: Egyptian fans invade Chelsea Facebook page
Egyptian football fans are at it again. They’re everywhere. We’ve seen Egyptians storm Hull City’s Facebook page last year following the signings of Gedo and Ahmed Fathi, forcing the club to open an official Arabic page – which now has over 248,000 Likes. Just over two months ago Al Ahly fans threatened to take FC Bayern München ‘behind the factory of chairs’ as the African champions had the chance to meet the German giants at the 2013 Club World Cup in Morocco, which they blew. Now, Egyptian fans set their sights on their latest target: Chelsea’s official Facebook page.
Following Chelsea’s announcement of signing Mohamed Salah from FC Basel, thousands of Egyptian fans invaded the London-based club’s Facebook page in hilarious fashion, albeit to the annoyance of most Chelsea fans – especially those who don’t understand Arabic. Egyptians spammed away and managed to turn the focus of each post – from Mourinho’s birthday to Michael Essien’s departure – to being about their hero, Salah.
Below are screenshots of some of the hilarious comments and reactions taken from Chelsea’s official Facebook page.
Highlighted comment above: “Whoever hated Chelsea and now supports them, press Like.”
Chelsea’s Facebook page is expected to continue accumulating Egyptian fans with the signing of Salah, what are your thoughts on those spamming the page?