Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
Factory of Chairs 2.0: Egyptian fans invade Chelsea Facebook page
Egyptian football fans are at it again. They’re everywhere. We’ve seen Egyptians storm Hull City’s Facebook page last year following the signings of Gedo and Ahmed Fathi, forcing the club to open an official Arabic page – which now has over 248,000 Likes. Just over two months ago Al Ahly fans threatened to take FC Bayern München ‘behind the factory of chairs’ as the African champions had the chance to meet the German giants at the 2013 Club World Cup in Morocco, which they blew. Now, Egyptian fans set their sights on their latest target: Chelsea’s official Facebook page.
Following Chelsea’s announcement of signing Mohamed Salah from FC Basel, thousands of Egyptian fans invaded the London-based club’s Facebook page in hilarious fashion, albeit to the annoyance of most Chelsea fans – especially those who don’t understand Arabic. Egyptians spammed away and managed to turn the focus of each post – from Mourinho’s birthday to Michael Essien’s departure – to being about their hero, Salah.
Below are screenshots of some of the hilarious comments and reactions taken from Chelsea’s official Facebook page.
Highlighted comment above: “Whoever hated Chelsea and now supports them, press Like.”
Chelsea’s Facebook page is expected to continue accumulating Egyptian fans with the signing of Salah, what are your thoughts on those spamming the page?