Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Mahmoud Gaber lead Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
Pharaohs to face Portugal in London!
It’s been confirmed on Thursday that the Pharaohs will be taking on Portugal in a preparation friendly for the 2015 African Cup of Nations Qualifiers scheduled to start mid-June.
Shawky Gharib will face another tough test in terms of friendly opponents after it was confirmed the Pharaohs will be taking on the Selecção in London on the 25th of May, as reported by Al-Ahram’s Arabic website on Thursday.
The news comes a few weeks after the EFA confirmed friendly opponents in Bosnia, with a friendly scheduled to take place in Austria on the 5th of March.
With the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo set to lineup for Portugal, the Pharaohs face a stern test in preparation for the African Cup of Nations Qualifiers, after Egypt had been drawn as 12th seed in the qualification process on Monday.
Following the Portugal friendly, Egypt are set to travel to Russia for a friendly on June 1st, wrapping up a busy schedule for Shawki Gharib’s men.
Egypt, who have not played a match since the 2-1 win over Ghana in World Cup Qualification, will begin their quest to qualify for the 2015 AFCON held in Morocco in July, after failing to appear at the previous two editions.
Cristiano Ronaldo may prove a tough customer for Wael Gomaa and Co.