Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
Pharaohs to face Portugal in London!
It’s been confirmed on Thursday that the Pharaohs will be taking on Portugal in a preparation friendly for the 2015 African Cup of Nations Qualifiers scheduled to start mid-June.
Shawky Gharib will face another tough test in terms of friendly opponents after it was confirmed the Pharaohs will be taking on the Selecção in London on the 25th of May, as reported by Al-Ahram’s Arabic website on Thursday.
The news comes a few weeks after the EFA confirmed friendly opponents in Bosnia, with a friendly scheduled to take place in Austria on the 5th of March.
With the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo set to lineup for Portugal, the Pharaohs face a stern test in preparation for the African Cup of Nations Qualifiers, after Egypt had been drawn as 12th seed in the qualification process on Monday.
Following the Portugal friendly, Egypt are set to travel to Russia for a friendly on June 1st, wrapping up a busy schedule for Shawki Gharib’s men.
Egypt, who have not played a match since the 2-1 win over Ghana in World Cup Qualification, will begin their quest to qualify for the 2015 AFCON held in Morocco in July, after failing to appear at the previous two editions.
Cristiano Ronaldo may prove a tough customer for Wael Gomaa and Co.