Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
Pharaohs to face Portugal in London!
It’s been confirmed on Thursday that the Pharaohs will be taking on Portugal in a preparation friendly for the 2015 African Cup of Nations Qualifiers scheduled to start mid-June.
Shawky Gharib will face another tough test in terms of friendly opponents after it was confirmed the Pharaohs will be taking on the Selecção in London on the 25th of May, as reported by Al-Ahram’s Arabic website on Thursday.
The news comes a few weeks after the EFA confirmed friendly opponents in Bosnia, with a friendly scheduled to take place in Austria on the 5th of March.
With the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo set to lineup for Portugal, the Pharaohs face a stern test in preparation for the African Cup of Nations Qualifiers, after Egypt had been drawn as 12th seed in the qualification process on Monday.
Following the Portugal friendly, Egypt are set to travel to Russia for a friendly on June 1st, wrapping up a busy schedule for Shawki Gharib’s men.
Egypt, who have not played a match since the 2-1 win over Ghana in World Cup Qualification, will begin their quest to qualify for the 2015 AFCON held in Morocco in July, after failing to appear at the previous two editions.
Cristiano Ronaldo may prove a tough customer for Wael Gomaa and Co.