Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
Official: Abdallah Gomaa joins FC Union Berlin on loan
Following ENPPI president Mohamed Badr’s approval, 18-year old Egyptian winger Abdallah Gomaa has joined FC Union Berlin on loan in Germany until June 30, 2015, with the option of a permanent transfer at the end of the loan period, the club’s official website announced on Thursday.
Abdallah Gomaa, the younger brother of Saleh, impressed the coaching staff of the 2. Bundesliga side during his one week trial with the club, scoring an excellent goal against SC Freiburg in a friendly match in Spain before featuring against Romanian champions Steaua București.
“Abdallah Gomaa is a very interesting player, dribbling and at high speed, who brings a lot of potential,” FC Union Berlin manager Uwe Neuhaus said about his latest winter signing.
“We will work together to ensure that he gets used to it quickly and easily can be a sporting asset to us,” he continued.
The young Egyptian forward told the club’s official website: “I am grateful for the confidence of the coach and the club’s management. For me, the change is a great challenge that I present myself with anticipation. I was welcomed very warmly in training camp and felt under the Unionern very well. Also the stadium I have already seen, now I will do everything in order to be able to run up there soon and be successful with the Union. ”
Abdallah is expected to arrive in Germany within the next 24 hours, the player announced on his Facebook page.